Test Automation Architects are expected to perform an automation architect / developer role with a focus on building test approaches, frameworks and ways of working. Applying a variety of techniques, and applying their unique experience, to review designs, analyse code quality and assess risk.
They will develop and implement test frameworks and automated tests. They must collaborate with developers and other stakeholders to define and achieve successful delivery of our products and services.
They will act as pioneers, assisting with pre-sales, building the initial framework and delivering the first tests. They will then successfully onboard SDETs who they will support in the delivery of test automation.
Test Automation Architect will lead small squads of SDETs. They will guide the direction of the squad and the development of the SDETs. They will provide coaching and support to their squad members.
The Test Architect will have the ability to work independently or as part of a team with a focus on quality, sustainability of developed solutions with effective communication and ability to adapt and evolve.
- Expert in the selection and building of test automation frameworks and tools
- To deliver automated functional and regression tests that support the needs of the client
- Coach and support the SDETs and developers in their squad
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and teams members, to perform business analysis and produce relevant acceptance criteria
- Commercially aware and able to support Pre-Sales activities
- Ability to write exceptional quality object-oriented code
- To work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software development projects
- To be an expert in Agile development practices including ATDD, TDD & BDD and their application
- Able to plan successful test automation implementations
- Organise and own any technical workshops and resulting outputs
- Delivery of quality data and metrics
- Has a continuous improvement mindset based on data
- Provide continuous feedback on the product and process as required by the team
- Actively form part of R&D initiatives
Knows how to develop others and get the best out of people
- Significant test automation tools experience with Cucumber, Mocha, Selenium, Appium and Cypress.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, HTTP
- Expert in API testing programmatically/ via a tool (JMeter, Postman, SoapUI)
- Applied knowledge in databases, SQL, PL-SQL
- Expert in major browsers and browser development tools
- Expert in major mobile app automation and tools
- Expert knowledge in manual testing techniques, processes and procedures
- Expert knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artifacts
- Theoretical/applied knowledge in application of automation on cloud platforms
- Expert knowledge on test management tools e.g. Zephyr, HP ALM or the like
- Expert knowledge of a CI system to create builds. (Azure DevOps Pipelines)
- Proven level experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of managing a team
- Ability to apply structured and unstructured testing principles
- Relevant degree level (or equivalent experience) qualification
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- An eye for innovation coupled with a pragmatic approach to delivery within a large multisite team
- This position will require a self-starter who can lead by example and hit the ground running
- Exceptional attention to detail with an ability to prioritise workloads and deliver to tight deadlines
- Experience delivering of end-to-end Integrated environments
- ITIL Foundation Certificate v3 or later
- ISTQB certification
- IT Architecture experience
- Performance Testing exposure
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
South Africa Capetown
Test Automation Architect
Posted 2 days ago
South Africa Capetown
Test Engineering Specialist
Posted 6 days ago
South Africa Capetown
REPL Group - SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test)
Posted 14 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.