Lead SDETs are expected to perform a test automation engineering role, apply a variety of automation techniques based on their experience and best practices, to create automated tests that deliver value to our clients.
They will extend test automation frameworks. They must collaborate with developers and other stakeholders to define and achieve successful delivery of our products and services.
Lead SDETs will be the senior member of squads of SDETs, providing coaching and guidance to more junior SDETs and working closely with Test Automation Architects. They will be responsible for ensuring PR’s (pull requests) are validated and approved in a timely manner.
Communication with manual testing team, updating of automated tests and reporting on sprint updates. The Lead SDET will also be responsible for the daily scrum ceremonies.
- Expert in the use of test automation frameworks and tools
- Delivery of automated functional and regression tests that support the needs of the client
- Coach and support the SDETs in their squad
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders and teams members, to perform business analysis and produce relevant acceptance criteria
- Ability to write great quality object-oriented code
- To work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software development projects
- To be strong in Agile development practices including ATDD, TDD & BDD and their application
- Delivery of quality data and metrics
- Has a continuous improvement mindset based on data
- Provide continuous feedback on the product and process as required by the team
- Contribute to R&D initiatives
- Test automation tools experience with Cucumber, Mocha, Selenium, Appium and Cypress.
- Expert knowledge in manual testing techniques, processes and procedures
- Ability to apply structured and unstructured testing principles
- Expert knowledge on test management tools e.g. Zephyr, HP ALM or the like
- Expert in major browsers and browser development tools
- Able to apply API testing programmatically/ via a tool (JMeter, Postman, SoapUI)
- Skilled knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of test/development artifacts
- Able to apply automation in major mobile app automation and tools
- Knowledge of a CI system to create builds. (Azure DevOps Pipelines, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, HTTP
- Understanding of databases, SQL
- Proven level of experience in a similar role
- Relevant degree level (or equivalent experience) qualification
- Excellent communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide range of stakeholders
- A continuous improvement mindset
- Exceptional attention to detail with an ability to prioritise workloads
- Experience delivering of end-to-end Integrated environments
- ISTQB certification
- Performance Testing exposure
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
REPL Group - Senior Software Engineer (AWS)
Posted 3 days ago
REPL Group - React Native Developer
Posted 3 days ago
South Africa Capetown
Test Automation Architect
Posted more than 1 month ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.