The IS Corporate Function is accountable for:
- Establishing, maintaining and continually improving an Information Security Management System (ISMS) that defines and monitors IS processes across the organization.
- Developing and maintaining the IS policies, standards and guidelines for Accenture in accordance with Policy 0001 – Policy Compliance, Development and Approval.
- Assessing and managing IS risk through the development of people, process and technology solutions that are implemented across the organization.
- Defining and maintaining the minimum standard security controls.
- Managing compliance and exceptions to IS policies, standards and processes.
- Governing the design and operation of technology that enforces Information Security controls.
- Managing the Client Data Protection program in accordance with Policy 1431 – Data Management and providing support to opportunity and delivery teams.
- Driving awareness and developing training on IS topics.
- Managing IS threats, incidents and breaches in conjunction with Global Asset Protection and Legal, in accordance with Policy 0013 – Crisis Management.
- Working alongside the Global Director of the Office of Government Relations and the Senior Director of Global Data Privacy in Legal, the Global Asset Protection Managing Director and the Infrastructure Services Security Director, to establish and maintain relationships with external bodies such as regulators, government bodies and security interest groups.
- Engaging with Internal Audit processes for the purpose of independent review of initiatives and operations within IS.
- Owning the relationship with external IS certification bodies governing applicable certification initiatives for IS, and satisfying applicable requirements related to IS.
- Operating governance forums such as the Situation and Action Committee in order to engage other parts of Accenture in the management of IS.
- Accountabilities for other key leadership roles are described in the Supporting Documentation section. The accountability materials cover roles in Accenture Market/Market Unit, Services and Corporate Functions from Chief and Group Operating Officers through Client Account Leads, Client Delivery Executives and Solution Architects.
- Establish and maintain an Asset Register of Information Assets;
- Name an Accenture Leader as Data Governor for each Information Asset in the Asset Register; and
- Prioritize the Information Assets according to the prioritization procedure defined and deployed by the Information Security Corporate Function, considering (1) the Information Asset's value to Accenture, (2) the risk of it being compromised and (3) after consultation with Accenture Legal, regulatory and legal risks.
General Responsibilities for IS Administrator
- Provide the day-to-day support for security processes within the organization, ensuring that security processes and requirements are met.
- Interaction is with peers within Accenture. Likely has some interaction with Accenture management.
- Authority (Power to influence or complete assignments independently, and ability to make decisions.
- Reliance on instruction, and decision-making ability): Requires minimal instruction on daily work tasks and a moderate level of instruction on new assignments.
- Perform a number of activities and tasks around maintaining, updating and reporting on security controls used within the Information Security Management System at Accenture.
- Support security operations activities. Individual contributor and/or oversees a small work effort.
- Provide administrative support across all information security operational tasks.
- Facilitate ISMS implementation activities
- Asset Identification and Risk Assessment
- Implementation of controls
- Employee information security training, awareness, and communication
- Review ISMS documentation
- Applicability of controls list
- Local security procedures
- Review risk treatment decisions; decide whether the risk should be accepted or treated (in accordance with the guidance for accepting risk in the Risk Assessment Procedure)
- Review of control implementation and effectiveness (using information such as the IS Scorecard, behavior survey results, and compliance assessment results)
- Responsible for the day-to-day management and monitoring of the ISMS
- Reviews and refreshes the entity’s asset register
- Responsible for ensuring information security controls are implemented and followed in entity / group
- Promotes information security awareness and training within entity / function
- Where necessary, assists with / provides guidance regarding the implementation of controls
- Assists the IS Lead with the day-to-day management, operations, administrative tasks and monitoring of the ISMS
- Methodical, organized and attention to detail
- Technical skills must include being proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams and SharePoint
- Knowledge and keen interest of Information Security controls, concepts, and best practices
- Willingness to both issue and accept challenges to analytical problems
- Looks for ways to optimize and automate solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to convey technical detail in clear and concise manner
- Ability to work under time constraints with minimal supervision in an agile environment
- Analyze, interpret and produce detailed reports that explain trends, discrepancies and inconsistencies
- Development of dashboards and reporting for management and stakeholders
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.