Job Location: Pretoria
Regional Description: South Africa
Job Number: 00536469 00536469_en
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB:
The First Tier Customer Service Representative will:
· Act as the first point of contact for BAS System Controllers when they experience problems that cannot be resolved at the department. The main focus will be on inbound communication via telephone calls, e-mail requests, web requests or fax requests received from the departments.
· Be responsible to log requests, attempt first line resolution of requests or forward requests to the second line of support for further investigation.
· Acting as a first line of contact for the Application Support team. Promptly answer and conclude telephone calls by ensuring queue time of less than 60 seconds and an abandon rate of less than 5%.
· Ensure that requests received via the telephone, e-mail, web or fax, are logged promptly and with sufficient information to facilitate problem resolution.
· Support the users in the effective use of BAS and assist them to manage the problems experienced. Aim is to resolve 10% of issues at first tier level.
· All requests that cannot be resolved at first tier should be forwarded to the second tier for further investigation.
· Attend to user enquiries and ensure that requests reflect necessary information.
· Re-route all unidentified calls meant for other transversal contact centres via official channels.
· Support the users in the effective use of BAS and address system related issues.
· Set up and facilitate all communication (inbound and outbound) e.g. system related messages, user satisfaction surveys, user enquiries and status calls.
· Provide on the job functional training in all business areas provided by BAS.
· Have an overall understanding of activities related to BAS at the departments and to highlight risk areas to the First Tier Supervisor.
· Understand how other systems utilised by the department (e.g. PERSAL) impacts the BAS and financial activities at the department.
· Systematically collect information about the user needs, problems and suggestions/workarounds and include in the weekly status report to the First Tier Supervisor.
· Weekly administrative duties need to be performed:
· completion of client attendance register;
· turnaround reflecting hours worked; and
· status report to Team Leader.
· Bi-monthly administrative duties need to be performed:
· Time report reflecting hours worked.
· Monthly administrative duties need to be performed:
· DG statistics
· Service Performance Reports
· Quartely administrative duties need to be performed:
· Service Attainment Reports
· No supervision of resources is required.
OTHER FEATURES OF THE JOB (e.g., location, travelling, shift hours, etc.):
· Overtime when required (must be pre-approved).
· Open plan office.
· The use of Contact Centre equipment (e.g. headsets) will be required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
· Accounting skills (at least 1 year tertiary education).
· Good understanding of financial processes e.g. budget cycle, debt management, payment cycle, revenue collection, month-end and financial year-end processes.
· Strong problem solving ability.
· Probing and good listening skills.
· Ability to work independently, without constant supervision.
· Ability to make decisions.
· Good oral communication skills.
· Good interpersonal skills. Must be able to build professional relationships with client and user community.
· Time management skills.
· Basic quality management skills.
· PC literate and experience in MS products (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
· Good typing skills.
· Customer care / call centre skills.
EDUCATION, QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE NECESSARY:
· 3 year tertiary qualification related to accounting or technology is required e.g. National Diploma in Cost and Management Accounting or National Diploma in Information Technology or Call Centre Qualification. Required Accounting Background.
· Grade 12 with Accounting.
· Minimum 2 years working experience in a finance or call centre environment.
Accenture Recruitment and Hiring Privacy Statement
Introduction / who is collecting your personal data?
When you apply for a job at Accenture, Accenture will collect and use personal data about you during the recruiting and any hiring process. As described in this Privacy Statement, your personal data may be retained and used by Accenture for the purpose of considering your qualifications for employment, as required by law, or as otherwise described below. Please see below for information that Accenture may receive about you from third parties.
“Accenture” means the specific Accenture affiliates, subsidiaries, and contracted service providers who will collect, use, and maintain your personal data in connection with your application for employment, our Recruiting, Talent Management processes, and any hiring process if you are extended an offer of employment. A full list of Accenture entities by country and their contact information appears at the bottom of this Privacy Statement, as well as a list of contracted service providers who perform IT support or background checking services.
What Personal Data will Accenture collect?
The types of information requested from you and the manner in which that information is collected and accessed are determined by the requirements of the country in which the position is located, and not the country in which you reside. While, specific data requirements vary by country and the position being filled, the following categories of data will generally be collected by Accenture:
Your submission of personal data constitutes your consent to our use of your data and your verification that it is accurate.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that you have read and understood the foregoing and consent to the uses of your information as set out above. You are not required to provide any requested information to Accenture, but failing to do so may result in not being able to continue your candidacy for the job for which you have applied.
You may read this Statement at any time by logging into the system with your user name and password.
By submitting your information, you acknowledge that all representations made by you are true and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief, and you have not knowingly omitted any related information of an adverse nature. Providing any inaccurate information may make you ineligible for employment.
What will Accenture do with your personal data?
Accenture will use your personal data to:
From what sources will Accenture obtain your personal data?
Accenture may obtain data about you from the following sources:
Who will have access to your personal data? Where are they located?
In general, access to your personal data will be restricted to minimize the number of people in Accenture’s global organization who need it in order evaluate your application for employment, perform functions supporting our Recruiting and Talent Management functions, or to whom we are compelled to provide it by applicable law.
The following categories of individuals will have access to your personal data:
How long will Accenture retain my personal data?
If you are given and accept an offer of employment by Accenture, personal data collected during your pre-employment period will become part of your Accenture personnel records, to be retained throughout and for a period after your employment with Accenture (specific periods vary by country). If Accenture does not employ you, Accenture may nevertheless continue to retain and use personal data collected during the recruitment process in order to consider you for new positions, and, if appropriate, to refer back to an earlier application if you submit a resume or other information to Accenture again in the future, as well as for system administration, to perform research and analysis, and to invite you to join the Accenture Talent Connection.
How Accenture protects your personal data.
Accenture employs organizational, technical, and physical security measures in order to protect your data from loss or misuse. Where we contract with third-party suppliers to provide services that may enable them to access your personal data we require them by contract to have similar security controls in place.
If you have a question, comment, or complaint, wish to obtain a copy of Accenture’s Global Policy 0090—Data Privacy, or wish to access a copy of your personal data or to correct it if you believe it is inaccurate, you may Contact Us by clicking the link. Each Accenture country has established a Data Privacy Officer to oversee compliance with local privacy requirements; you may also use the Contact Us form to contact the Accenture Data Privacy Officer for your country or to obtain more information about how your data will be used in your country.
For job seekers from Malaysia:
The Malaysian Data Protection Act 2010 (“Act”) requires Accenture to provide you this privacy statement in both Bahasa Malaysia and English. For the Bahasa Malaysia version please click here.
For job seekers from other countries:
This privacy statement is also available in the following languages:
List of Accenture entities and their contact information: https://www.accenture.com/us-en/office-directory
Start your search here: Enter job title, skill, experience level or city
Join the Accenture Talent Connection, follow our Careers blog, or sign up for job alerts.
© 2017 Accenture. All Rights Reserved.
© 2017 Accenture. All Rights Reserved.
Personalize your Accenture Career search and receive tailored news, insights and job alerts. Join our Talent Connection to learn more about the challenging and rewarding career opportunities offered by Accenture.
If you have applied for a position in a location other than India, Philippines, Bangladesh and Sri Lanka and would like to access your existing job application, please click here.
Are you sure you want to disconnect with account?