Avanade majority owned by Accenture, was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital, cloud and advisory services, industry solutions and design-led experiences across the Microsoft ecosystem. Every day, our 65,000 professionals in 28 countries make a genuine human impact for our clients, their employees and their customers. Avanade has been recognized as Microsoft’s Global SI Partner of the Year more than any other company. With the most Microsoft certifications (60,000+) and 18 (out of 18) Gold-level Microsoft competencies, Avanade is uniquely positioned to help businesses grow and solve their toughest challenges. Avanade is a people first company, committed to providing an inclusive workplace where employees feel comfortable being their authentic selves. As a responsible business, we are building a sustainable world and helping young people from underrepresented communities fulfil their potential.
Global Legal Network is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation at Accenture and Avanade. We partner with Legal teams across both companies to build efficiencies and centers of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to our relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Avanade’s Corporate Functions organization coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Avanade's business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
In your role, you will be dedicated to Avanade and the Avanade Legal Group. The global Avanade Legal Group comprises more than 20 nationalities and practices in 14 languages. The team supports complex commercial transactions, ethics and compliance, corporate governance, litigations, M&A activities, the corporate citizenship program, and internal HR, finance, and marketing matters.
As a Legal Counsel at Avanade, you will join a welcoming and efficient Legal Team for Austria, Switzerland and Germany.
Lead, structure, draft and negotiate complex client transactions in a fast-paced corporate environment including: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Advise senior company leadership on legal risks associated with transactions and understanding of the larger market. Manage and advise junior legal professionals in transactions and related matters. Act, and
continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions while supporting Legal, Business and Sales Leadership in shaping and executing Avanade’s market-facing strategies.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead, structure, negotiate and close Avanade’s complex client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Counsel, guide, train and support junior CLPs
- Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
- Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
- Develop subject matter experience in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
- Embrace and evolve to gain experience in seven Contracting attributes, including becoming a pathfinder, architect, business-minded, nonconformist, inspired, relevant and technology enabled contracting professional