Geographic Legal Counsel Specialist
· Understand the CORE areas, relevant company policies
· Develop subject-matter knowledge and proficiency in the concerned support area and act as its POC
· Directly liaison with internal stakeholders on various issues and build credible and effective relationships with onshore counsels and within GLN team
· Understand and suggest process improvements in the support area, support LTO/CIO in development of new tool or enhancement of existing ones, assist team in drafting checklists and process documents, manage SharePoint and communication records
· Support recruitment efforts for the team, supervise resources, and assist GLN Team Lead in people management, as required, provide team members with positive and developmental feedback
· Identify and support any specific trainings for the team, provide coaching and mentoring to junior members of the team
· Support implementation of new initiatives in CORE support area or within Legal/GLN, try to ‘give back’ to GLN/Legal.
Specific Responsibilities aligned to Role
· Provide legal support to Accenture Corporate Functions on local & global regulatory matters. Act as point of contact and legal advisor, responding to inquiries made by the Procurement Plus, Workplace Solutions, Marketing, HR, CIO teams etc. on their daily operation. Create company's compliance policy and approval procedures and apply the same to ensure compliance on relevant process including business ethics, data privacy, information security, anti-corruption laws, trade compliance, competition law and related policies applicable to the running of the local entity. Flag compliance risks in the day-to-day Accenture operations.
· Draft and review agreements with Accenture suppliers to procure various goods and services, including Contractors, Facilities & Services, Finance Services, Human Resources support, IT & Telecom, Legal Services & Risk, Marketing & Communication, Travel Services, Software as a Service, subcontracting etc. in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws, and customer requirements. Make legal assessment of deviations to Accenture’s supplier’s contracting standards and interact with internal areas of Accenture that require the service to align a position. Participate in negotiations with suppliers to agree contractual terms. liaise & collaborate with other stakeholders and teams within Accenture, like, deal teams, solution architects, finance, HR, Controllership, procurement, etc., as well as, with subcontractors/vendors.
· Provide Legal support in the review of local & global Data Privacy initiatives. Identify risks according to local law and Accenture policies and flag potential issues.
· Provide support to GCC in local corporate activities, such as: (i) obtention of signatures of the authorized signatories for company documents (e.g. board resolutions; debt collection services forms; declarations, etc.); (ii) support Debt Collection Service Licenses process: Complete forms and obtain signatures; assist MDs in completion of online procedures related to Debt Collection Services (i.e. MDs are required to link their personal profiles to the profiles of Accenture entities at the National Multistate Licensing System & Registry (US); (iii) request Certified Copies to Public Notary; (iv) manage the process for the renewal of General Liability Insurance for Members of the Board; liaise with Broker to ensure policies are renewed (every six months); (v) record changes in the Board of Directors. Manage process to record the change in Company’s books (vi)Perform internal Tracking of Leaves/Licenses of Members of the Board: Contact EA’s regularly to track licenses/leave of members for signature of minutes.
· Provide support to the Corporate Citizenship team in the review of Donation & Pro-bono agreements in light of local laws and Accenture Policies. Ensure that local Controllership and Procurement Plus are involved in the process. Advice on the need for approval when government entities are involved in the activity.
· Review Marketing Materials and provide the Marketing & Communications teams with advice on general IP matters, according to local law. Use of Image, Recording, how to minimize risks at events, promotions (both internal and external).
· Provide training to Accenture teams on matters related to the support to the Corporate Functions.
· Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience at law firm or as in-house counsel and/or in legal outsourcing. Experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements.
· 3-5 years Experience in generic legal in-house matters, including but not limited to risk identification and mitigation, compliances, contracts, legal research, etc.
· Understand Accenture offerings and function specific services, general basic corporate business practices, contracting regulations, commercial agreements, legal and compliance fundamentals
· Ability to recommend high quality and timely advice for risk mitigation by efficiently analyzing business and legal implications
· Ability to work under pressure, and effectively manage priorities and stakeholder expectations, build trust-based relationships by delivering on commitments, and able to effectively influence senior management
· Demonstrate ownership, promptness, accuracy, consistency with the activities supported, and drives tasks to closure
· Able to work with internal and external teams to assist with day to day support and to understand delivery requirements
· Demonstrate adaptability, positive & collaborative attitude, good interpersonal skills, strong time management and prioritization skills, attention to detail, sound judgement, and organization skills
· Comfortable with technology and has experience in tools & databases, with proficiency using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint)