- Job description
The Lan / Wan Implementation Engineer is responsible and accountable for:
• Execution of specific areas of responsibility/deliverables with minimal supervision
• Serving as a functional expert for a program or a defined set of programs. Applies knowledge of the enterprise, business system and industry to the project team, supporting or interfacing with their program/project or defined set of projects/programs.
• Responsible for the logical configuration of network equipment (both Customer Premise and Network) via thorough routing concepts skill set including Cisco, Juniper, and Nortel and Adtran platforms.
• Ensures configurations meet customer expectations as well as industry and product standards. Responsible for accurate back office system data record management.
• Supports customer activations and is responsible for configuration adjustments as required for management acceptance testing.
+ Basic qualifications
• Educational level: Graduate of a 4 year or 5 year course preferably an Engineering graduate in the field of Electronics & Communications or Computer Engineering, with proof of completion.
• Minimum of 3 years working experience preferably in the engineering/ telecommunications industry and/or similar or alternative industry, in an operations or technical support capacity/position.
• has CISCO Training (CISCO Certified is preferred)