Disrupt the way the world works by using your skills to transform Accenture clients in the digital businesses of tomorrow. Big Data & AI are booming and therefore we are looking for outstanding Junior Data Science Consultants to join the team. Do you want to help our clients become high performance and data-driven businesses? If so, we would love to meet you!
As a Junior Data Science Consultant, you will be in our Applied Intelligence team, which is part of the Strategy & Consulting practice. You will work directly with our clients in the Netherlands and sometimes also abroad on new problem-solving solutions and methodologies; data modelling, analyses & interpretation. You apply the latest algorithms and techniques like deep learning and other machine learning techniques to create client value through insight generation and predictions – then turn these insights into action (e.g. build a recommender system leading to higher customer loyalty, predicting risk on individual level to better comply with rules and regulations, create an NLP solution including sentiment analysis to increase efficiency). You have strong technical skills and are also able to facilitate workshops/interviews to bridge the gap between data analytics and business outcomes. You provide advice to clients by translating analytical solutions into recommendations. You help achieve strategic goals and impact business results.
Our consultants in Strategy & Consulting are changing businesses every day using deep industry insights, knowledge and innovative ideas. Positioned at the crucial intersection of business, technology and industry, we devise creative new strategies based on trends, insights and data. With an eye for competitive advantage, digital disruption, operating models and the future workforce, we take on the challenge of designing and implementing transformative business solutions, using the newest technology.
Our research-based advice and situational analyses enable our clients to act with speed and confidence. Whether we're investigating complex issues or identifying new opportunities, our work always comes down to one thing: unlocking value and creating real, tangible impacts.
- Fluent communication in Dutch and English
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field with a specific emphasis on data (Econometrics, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Business Analytics, Quantitative Marketing, Statistics, or other Research masters).
- Between 0 and 2 years of professional experience in analyzing data through statistical modelling and machine learning to tackle business questions.
- Passion for building analytical solutions to complex business problems and for learning new technologies and business insights quickly
- Sharp analytical capabilities combined with the ability to develop and transform concepts into pragmatic and innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: able to explain Analytics and technical concepts in non-technical terms to business stakeholders (C-level, line managers, etc.).
- Hands-on experience and skills around all below categories (at least 1 skill per each category):
- Database query languages: SQL, NoSQL, etc
- Programming languages: Python, R, C++, Java, etc
- Machine learning models: Random Forest, Gradient Boosting, Neural Networks, etc.
- Data visualization: Power BI, Tableau, Qlik, Looker, etc
- (Bonus) We also recognize any other relevant qualifications or experiences that you may have, including your PhD degree, experience with Cloud technologies, Big Data software, open source development projects and/or business expertise.
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we take an agile approach, provide end-to-end services and maintain a realistic mindset. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So, you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- Discount on Accenture shares
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
- Laptop and smartphone
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Wieke Agricola, email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.