Are you looking for an internship where you can use your knowledge of the latest technology and innovation to transform the resources sector (energy, utilities and chemicals)? Join the new now as Intern in the Technology Resources group at Accenture, the world’s largest independent technology service provider! We’re ready if you are.
Our colleagues in the services-based Technology group help clients, both big and small, with revolutionary IT transformations. Which cloud platform fits best with client X? How do certain IT-solutions impact the risk analysis of suppliers? How can organizations become more agile and through what process are new applications developed from design thinking workshops?
Working closely alongside clients and an international team of professionals you will develop innovative solutions, through mediums such as robotics and artificial intelligence. Throughout the business process you will engage in the development of defense strategies, combining technology and user behavior, to ensure the security of your client. Together we connect the needs of clients with upcoming innovative technologies prepare them for the future.
The Dutch resources sector is looking to make the next step into transitioning to sustainable energy and digitizing their businesses.
As a Technology, Sustainability and Innovation Intern you will do research on applying the newest technologies to change existing business processes to sustainable processes for the largest energy, utilities or chemicals clients of the Netherlands.
You will help ensure that one of the most rapidly changing sectors in the Netherlands is prepared for the exciting and challenging decade ahead by becoming more sustainable.
The Technology - Resources Group within Accenture has identified a set of exciting key questions that drive our mindsets towards the future:
• In what way can we apply new technologies to help energy, utilities or chemicals companies become more sustainable?
• How can we achieve the gender equality quota and get woman at the top in technology and in the resources industry?
• How do we path the way in digital transformation and the sustainable energy transition (to make the targets of the Paris Agreement) for our Resources clients?
• Virtual Reality, Blockchain, 3D, 5G, Artificial Intelligence have a high potential social impact. How can these technologies be used to change and drive the digital transformation and increase sustainability in the resources industry in the Netherlands?
• How can the above technologies and other new innovations improve social collaboration and enhance user experiences for our biggest energy, utilities and chemicals clients?
Do you have a research topic on the intersection of new technologies, sustainability or innovation and the Dutch resource industry? We are excited to hear about them! Please feel free to reach out and discuss your idea with us!
• You are an HBO or WO - Master (beta) student with a specialization or relevant experience in the area of Resources;
• You are in the final year of your graduation and require an internship to write your thesis;
• You have affinity with the Dutch resources market and technology innovations;
• You are a team player with excellent communication skills;
• You are fluent in Dutch and English;
• You are pro-active, can work independently and you are a hands-on kind of person;
• You can work with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
• You do not mind working on a project base;
• You have a high level of motivation and drive;
• You are eager to learn;
• You would like to work in consulting after you graduate.
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
• Period: 5-6 months
• Hours per week: 40
• Location: Utrecht or Amsterdam
• Start date: TBD
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Maarten Peters via firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.