The Senior Legal Counsel – Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy is a full time senior manager role filled by an experienced, expert data privacy professional. The role sits within Accenture’s Compliance and Ethics function in Legal, reports to the Senior Director, Global Data Privacy and is a member of the Data Privacy leadership team.
- Lead the Data Privacy (DP) Policy & Governance functional group (“tower”) within Accenture’s Global Data Privacy Team. This tower is responsible, in particular, for Accenture’s DP management system, core privacy policies, international transfers, Binding Corporate Rules, managing legal change, training and communication.
- Work closely with the Data Privacy (DP) program lead and other tower leads to set strategic direction, provide oversight and leadership to the DP function, and drive execution of the team’s priorities,
- Effectively lead a team of DP professionals in remote locations, ensuring engagement, business focus and pragmatic advice.
- Manage the DP team’s day-to-day operations including leadership reporting and planning activities, the implementation and use of tools and technology, with a strong focus on coordination of its five towers,
- Maintain, further develop and execute strategy for external relations in data privacy (by region), in alignment with Government Relations team; work with selected regulators and industry bodies representing Accenture at meetings; keeping abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact, develop guidance for internal and external audiences
- Oversee and enhance Accenture’s international data transfers approach, including our Binding Corporate Rules and Inter Company Agreements; lead development and implementation of Binding Corporate Rules for Processors, APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules
- Manage and oversee process for the identification and assessment of new laws, regulatory guidance and select case law and their impact on our and our clients’ business, and support implementation.
- In support of other towers of the DP team, provide expert consultancy and advice to Legal, business and corporate functions in respect of data privacy, compliance and associated risks and opportunities
At Accenture Corporate Functions, we do whatever it takes to make Accenture a success - every day. We are the pieces that hold it all together: organizing collaborations, monitoring and optimizing our activities and results, keeping everyone happy and motivated – and that’s just the beginning.
Working alongside HR, Finance, Geographic services, Marcom, Legal, and Information Management teams, you will find exciting opportunities to make your mark (and a measurable difference, too). We use modern tools, innovative approaches and our knowledge of best practice to ensure everything is running smoothly. It can be challenging to meet all the needs of our big-name clients and partners, as well as our colleagues - but it's worth it when you see what we achieve together.
Reports to: Managing Director – Legal, Senior Director, Data Privacy.
- Legal, including Government Relations, Sales & Delivery, Employment Law, Offerings, Geographic Support;
- Corporate Functions;
- Geographic leadership and the Data Privacy Officer network;
- Related subject matter experts (e.g. security professionals, PCI, government compliance, certification SMEs);
- Industry bodies including business/trade associations, external counsel;
- Privacy professionals at client and peer companies; and
- Regulatory and select legislative points of contact.
Education: University degree (Master or comparable level) – legal degree preferred but not a must. FIP/CIPP/CIPM or comparable certifications required.
Minimum 5 years of experience in global data privacy function preferably in a major law firm and/or multinational corporation. Prior role in regulatory environment or trade association and roles documenting strong project management and organizational skills would be considered a plus. Experience and expertise with major national data privacy legislation, in particular in the European Union, and cross border issues. Experience in monitoring trends and developments and translating those into actionable projects.
Travel required as needed. Must have ability to effectively work and manage resources remotely.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Demonstrated command of data privacy, data security, and related laws and regulations, including cross border aspects;
- Proven ability to develop vision, operationalize and implement strategy;
- A network of industry and data privacy regulatory contacts;
- Strong organizational and project management skills and ability to deliver results;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess trends, and curiosity for learning about new technology;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of management and staff, work cross-culturally, and represent Accenture externally;
- Confidence and credibility in dealing with internal management, senior personnel at client and peer companies, data privacy regulators, and industry bodies;
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate company vision and policy, and to seek out areas of risk and priority;
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment;
- Builds and maintains a network of good working relationships both internally and externally; and
- Adapts nimbly to changing needs within the business.
The opportunity to deliver impact; not only for our clients, but also for the world around you. A work environment with a focus on your personal development. You work together with talented colleagues from all over the world on challenging projects for all types of forward-thinking international businesses. We want you to develop yourself, since you are the reason clients conversate with us. You will be attending training at international locations together with colleagues from a variety of different countries. Moreover, we invite you to contribute to our Corporate Citizenship Program. A great way to contribute to society!
An assessment may be
part of the selection procedure.
Accenture solves the toughest technological challenges through standout strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Working with over three-quarters of the Fortune Global 500, we drive innovation and shape world around us. With expertise in more than 40 industries and all business functions, we deliver ground-breaking outcomes for a new digital world.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
Higher Education Finance Transformation Consultant
Posted 2 days ago
USA TX - Austin
Cash Applications New Associate
Business Process Specialization
Posted 2 days ago
USA NY - New York
SAP SCM Test Lead
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.