The primary purpose of the job is to investigate, evaluate, negotiate and settle assigned claims by collecting and analyzing data according to policy application and/or contract provisions. Determine whether to accept or deny a claim based on all documentation received. Typical claims include: liability and low complexity
coverage issue disputes. This person is also required to attend inbound and outbound calls.
Duties and Responsibilities
▪ Utilizing acceptable investigation claims handling and settlement techniques that achieve cost
effective and timely closure results by obtaining, reviewing and analyzing documentation, policy
provisions and other records. May require additional contact with other parties (i.e. employer,
claimants, third parties such as medical providers, auto repair centers, etc.) as deemed
▪ Ensure proper follow up on cases to resolve outstanding issues and to ensure timely processing
and closure of claim
▪ Provide timely service throughout the life of the claim by meeting all service level agreements,
initiating timely contact to all appropriate parties, responding to incoming inquires according to
company policies, following agreed internal and external processes, policies and procedures to
ensure quality and service standards are met. This includes all forms of communications to
internal and external parties
▪ Maintaining accurate system data and documentation by collecting, recording, analyzing, and
▪ Ensure that reserves are accurately updated in a timely manner
▪ Identify subrogation opportunities and fraud potential and make appropriate referrals
Provide mentorship to less tenured examiners
Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
▪ Singapore College of Insurance - Certified in General Insurance and/or Health Insurance and/or
Professional Qualification in Malaysian Insurance Institute - Certificate of Insurance
Practice/Diploma in Insurance/AMII/FMII
▪ Ability to prioritize and multi-task effectively in a fast-paced environment
▪ Ability to communicate information clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing
▪ Requires proficiency in Desk Management, phone ‘etiquette’, time management and dealing with
▪ Computer literate; experience with Microsoft Office Products.
▪ Must be willing to work during Malaysia public holiday and perform overtime as and when
required due to business requirements.
▪ Experience in the field of Customer Service and/or Personal Accident Claims Processing
▪ Ability to read & communicate in Mandarin or Cantonese
▪ Work Shift: 8.30am to 5.30pm (Mon - Fri) and to observe Singapore Public Holiday.
▪ Work Location: PFCC, Puchong
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.