The Personal Insurance Business Insights team provides portfolio management tools and analytics support globally. The team manages infrastructure, applications, tools and best practices that enable access to high quality data and interactive dashboards used in supporting a wide range of strategic and operational business decisions.
The Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst role is responsible for such work, with a primary focus on ensuring the smooth delivery of an end to end analytics solution that enables the organization to meet its prescribed goals through data-driven insights (“Project Axon”). The focus of Project Axon is the development and extension of Axon data mart, a centralized data repository used for portfolio management, actuarial rate reviews, predictive modelling and other data science related projects. The Senior BI Analyst is expected to manage resources to support project delivery, build effective relationships with key stakeholders and have possess expert level technical competencies required to design and implement analytics solutions that enable the organization to make use of data as a strategic asset.
- Development and extension of Axon data mart, a centralized data repository used for portfolio management, actuarial rate reviews and advanced modelling
- Development and extension of standard portfolio management tools via Tableau dashboards in multiple countries and line of businesses globally
- Identify and support opportunities to improve and streamline processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, completeness and value
- Support actuarial rate review and advanced modelling data requests
- Support ad-hoc requests as and when required
- Mentor and provide technical training for junior business intelligence analyst
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Business Analytics, Computer Science, Information Systems Management, Engineering or equivalent disciplines
- 5 to 10 years of experience participating in data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics projects in insurance and financial services industry
- 5 to 7 years of experience leading data warehousing, business intelligence and analytics projects in insurance and financial services industry
- Expert level in programming language SQL, Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS) and Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) required
- Expert level in ETL and data transformation processes required
- Expert level working competency in Tableau solution (including Tableau Server) is a plus
- Experience in programming languages such as C#, VBA is a plus
- Experience in business intelligence software such as Power BI, QlikView/QlikSense is a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable collaborating with stakeholders spread across the globe
- Fluency in English, both written and spoken
Related Bachelors Degree
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.