The Malaysia Contractor Category Manager is responsible for leading strategy, execution, and continuous improvement associated with the end to end (source to pay) process for the contract labor category; such as understanding project requirements, identifying and qualifying suppliers, facilitating RFPs/RFIs, conducting spend and pricing analysis, negotiating terms and conditions and driving MSA/ SOW through to completion.
The Category Lead will have responsibilities of building and maintaining strong business relationships with key internal stakeholders across Malaysia. The Lead works closely to the Business and Suppliers to drive ideation, risk/ issues management/ resolution and performance metrics.
In addition, the Category Lead has overall responsibility over the Contractor Exchange Operations team and local/ global special projects management.
Key responsibilities may include:
Strategic Sourcing & Category Management
- Define the sourcing and category management strategy for the Malaysia Contractor Category including category targets, aligning with the Regional Lead
- Collaborate with Malaysia leadership within the Operating groups, DTE groups and internal stakeholders (HR, PM, CM, Legal) to ensure category strategy aligns with the business strategy
- Build relationships with the Business, partnering to understand short, medium- and long-term growth, pipeline deals, demand/skills requirement
- Develop a high performing team aligned towards a common objective of business partnership, mitigation of risks, value to Accenture and achieving significant cost savings
- Initiate and manage sourcing events (e.g. RFQ’s, RFI’s, and RFP’s) for the contingent labor category to select Suppliers aligned with business needs. Evaluate suppliers by applying evaluation and due diligence criteria
- Negotiate Contract margins, T&C as well as contractor rates with suppliers
- Perform SRM (Supplier relationship management) activities to ensure that the client benefits from continuous improvement from supplier agreements, through the management of service levels, tracking of compliance and reporting of benefits realized. Resolve performance issues associated with supplier agreements
- Provide high quality procurement service to the Business ensuring that contractual and SLA obligations are met. Report on activities, opportunities and results within category
- Review and draw analytical outcomes from Metrics/ Reports and identify opportunities for cost savings, contract improvements, risk mitigation
- Implement and support Accenture policies and processes on buying and contracting
- Suggest & help implement sourcing innovations
- Coordinate and respond to sales support requests as necessary
- Monitor trends and collect market relevant information such as rates, skill market availability, competitor landscape, legal and regulatory updates as needed to share with our Business and Teams
- Develop Category Savings Methodologies and implement projects and processes to achieve them
- Effectively raise issues/concerns before they arise and present options for resolution
- Continuously identify opportunities for process change/ improvements
- Work with Legal on Contracts T&C including MSA and SOW
- Oversee the onshore Cx operational team, ensuring issues are managed/resolved, service SLA’s are met or exceeded, ensuring compliance to policy and processes
- Understand the Malaysia landscape to ensure Procurement tools, processes and teams are operating in a compliant and effective manner
- Align the Cx service delivery with the sourcing & category management activity
- Support Internal Audits and act as conduit to agree on actionable and reasonable action plans
- Work with the Regional Cx Lead to ensure required enhancements are implemented locally including implementing and continuously improving operating standards for all aspects of the Cx service delivery, including operating processes
- Provide leadership through proactive management & development of the Contractor Exchange Team members from a work quality, capacity and performance
- Set team and individual goals objectives, in alignment with subcontractor category targets
- Monitor & manage delivery of value by team
- Provide proactive feedback, developmental opportunities and coaching to team member
- Be the point of escalation for issues
- Align the team to the regional contractor category objectives.
- Help the team resolve complex issues by providing guidance, coverage in a challenging environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in procurement, delivering recruitment/contractor sourcing experience, supplier/category management and compliance management services for internal or external clients
- Demonstrated ability to understand client requirements (i.e. relevant skillsets/ industry) and executing Procurement strategies to meet those requirements.
- Extensive experience in contract negotiation and supplier management.
- Minimum of 5 years of stakeholder management experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working directly with spreadsheet software (e.g. Microsoft Excel) and presentation software (i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and project management experience including the ability to effectively communicate and influence all levels of the organization
- Exceptional multi-tasking and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple end-to-end project cycles at the same time
- Strong ability to identify complex barriers to change and develop solutions to drive transformation
- Exceptional track record of building relationships with stakeholders or customers that have resulted in high customer satisfaction
- Strong data analytical skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills with a confident and compelling presentation style.
- Solid understanding of and experience with quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Self-starter, demonstrating initiative, ability to motivate, positive and customer focused attitude
- This position may require travel within the country and occasionally outside Malaysia for sourcing purposes
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA CA - San Francisco
Salesforce Functional Manager- West
North America Inclusion & Diversity Marketing & Communications Manager
Marketing & Communications
USA TX - Dallas
Java Full Stack Developer
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.