Job Title: DevOps Engineering Senior Analyst
Locations: Bristol and Birmingham (must be willing to be based at and travel to client sites throughout the UK)
Please Note: Due to the nature of client work you might be undertaking you will need to be willing to go through a Security Clearance process as part of this role.
Who are we?
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. With our thought leadership and culture of innovation, we apply industry expertise, diverse skill sets and next generation technology to each business challenge.
Are you passionate about working in an environment of innovation and continuous learning? The Software Engineering DevOps Team could be the place for you! It is the home of our talented Technology people who are focused on bleeding edge engineering and market leading customer solutions.
The award-winning Accenture DevOps team is part of a larger vision. We believe that “Every Business is a Digital Business” and in so doing we support our clients to align and integrate their technology with our “Cloud Infrastructure Engineering” (CIE) group. Here we combine deep technology, business and industry expertise to design and deliver some of the largest, most challenging and highest profile technology solutions in the world. Our DevOps community is a part of the CIE practice and shares in its vibrant, sociable and learning culture where technology skills are valued and recognised.
We are looking for individuals keen to drive their careers in DevOps and join our vibrant community of professionals. The role will be based out of our Bristol and Birmingham offices on a full time, permanent basis. We are looking for exceptional individuals to deliver cutting edge solutions for our client.
What Will You Do?
Working as part of a high performing delivery team, you will have the opportunity to engage directly with our clients to build advanced solutions using DevOps practices and tools.
We place your professional development at the forefront and provide a range of opportunities where you will be working alongside and in partnership with some of the very best in the business.
As part of your career growth, there are several internal and external qualifications that you will have access to, including:
- Sponsored training and certifications for leading Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, GCP, IBM Cloud and more)
- Trainings, certifications and accreditations for CNCF, CKAD and CKS, OpenShift, Red Hat and HashiCorp products and many others
- Accenture’s internal DevOps Academy and DevOps Academy for Executives
- Accenture’s internal Master Technology Architect program.
- The ability to attend and represent Accenture at well-known DevOps conferences; DevOps Days, DevOps Enterprise Summit, Kubecon and global events like re:Invent and Ignite.
As part of the DevOps group, you will have the opportunity to work hands on. You will also be able to: · Work on automation design and delivery including installation, configuration, and administration of industry leading DevOps tools
- Solution, architect, design, deliver and operate secure, reliable and scalable systems
- Keep up with the fast-paced tooling landscape in the industry, working on cutting and bleeding edge technology
- Become comfortable working in a fast paced, Agile delivery environment
- Understand, design, and implement operational tools for monitoring, alerting, recovery, backups etc.
- Support deployments and systems throughout their lifecycle. · Document as-is processes and architectures and design to-be architectures
- Have daily collaboration with one of the IT industries largest networks of technical DevOps and transformation experts who work to frame and deliver cutting edge solutions for countless varieties of technologies and industries. In doing so, you will help define how DevOps evolves around the world
- Train internal and client teams in technologies and DevOps practices, acting as Scrum Master when required and help bring culture change to our clients
- Build skills in client and internal stakeholder management and business problem solving acumen, working in a multi-supplier environment · Mentor and develop colleagues in technology and DevOp
- CI/CD pipeline tooling ranging from Jenkins to modern PaaS one like Gitlab, GitHub and Azure DevOps
- IaC tools and techniques and follow everything-as-code principles (e.g. Terraform, Ansible, CloudFormation, ARM templates and GCP Deployment Manager)
- Hands on experience with at least one public cloud provider (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Hands on experience with logging, alerting, monitoring, reporting and incident management tools like Splunk, PagerDuty, Prometheus, Grafana, ServiceNow etc.
- Advising clients on the principles of Continuous Delivery and Continuous Deployment, DevOps and Agile delivery
- Helping clients realise the business benefits of Continuous Delivery, DevOps and Agile delivery and with associated culture change and ways of working aspects
- Understanding of NFRs and meeting these through design and deliver
- Experience administering one or more operating systems (flavours of Linux, Windows)
- Experience applying DevOps principles to COTS and PaaS products like SAP, Oracle, Salesforce or administering them
- A good understanding of SRE foundations like Toil reduction, compliance as code, observability, chaos engineering and AIOps · Container orchestration with K8s, with one or more of AKS, EKS, GKE, Anthos, OpenShift, Mesos
- The design and implementation of continuous delivery practices and release management methods from canary to red-black and blue-green deployments
- Experience of Agile and Lean software delivery methodologies
- Service support – the use of DevOps, Continuous Delivery and ITIL concepts as part of an effective support operation
Salary & Benefits:
At Accenture in addition to a competitive basic salary, you will also have an extensive benefits package which includes 25 days vacation per year, private medical insurance, a share purchase scheme and 3 extra days leave per year for charitable work of your choice.
Flexibility and mobility are required to deliver this role as there will be requirements to spend time onsite with our clients and partners to enable delivery of the first-class services we are known for.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and operations, with digital capabilities across all these services. We combine unmatched experience and specialized capabilities across more than 40 industries — powered by the worlds largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. With 699, 000people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture brings continuous innovation to help clients improve their performance and create lasting value across their enterprises.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or
civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law. We believe in inclusion and diversity and supporting the whole person.
Our core values comprise of Stewardship, Best People, Client Value Creation, One Global Network, Respect for the Individual and Integrity. Year after year, Accenture is recognized worldwide not just for business performance but for inclusion and diversity too.
“Across the globe, one thing is universally true of the people of Accenture: We care deeply about what we do and the impact we have with our clients and with the communities in which we work and live. It is personal to all of us.” – Julie Sweet, Accenture CEO Visit us at www.accenture.com
Closing Date for Applications 31/08/2022
Accenture reserves the right to close the role prior to this date should a suitable applicant be found.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected applicable law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
United Kingdom Edinburgh
Machine Learning Engineering Consultant - Edinburgh
Posted 3 days ago
United Kingdom Glasgow
Advanced App Engineering Sr Manager
Posted 8 days ago
United Kingdom Edinburgh
Application Development Associate Manager
Posted 8 days ago
What people are saying about us
"Love love love!
Current Employee - Analyst in London, England.
Pros: Fantastic culture, amazing flexibility, good rewards, varied work/projects, lots of extra-curricular activities/group.
Cons: Salaries competitive but not market leading, work life balance can be questionable at times.More Accenture UK Ratings and Reviews
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.