Parallel Trades PTY Ltd t/a Trans-Tasman Business Circle (“TTBC”) [ABN: 87 003 243 347] of Suite 802, 251 Oxford St, Bondi Junction, Sydney, NSW 2022 is holding the Competition for Trans-Tasman Innovation & Growth Award.
The Competition will run from June 5, 2019 to September 12, 2019.
The winners of the Competition will be selected by a panel of Australian and New Zealand judges who will assess applications on the basis of collaboration, growth, talent and funding approach.
The prizes for the Competition are as follows:
- Invitation to the ANZLF Annual Celebrations dinner that will be held in Auckland, on 12 September 2019
- Invitation to the ANZLF Winners’ summits in Australia and New Zealand
- Networking opportunities
- Cash prize (subject to the winner of the competition attending the ANZLF Annual Celebrations dinner and Winners’ summits): $20,000AUD
The Terms and Conditions of the Competition are set out below.
Who can enter
The Competition is open to emerging businesses that are established or based in Australia or New Zealand.
- Company has secured external investor funding
- Company has a current business valuation under $100M AUD
- Company was established in, or has strong roots to, Australia or New Zealand
- Company required to share their business growth story
How to enter
To enter, eligible entrants must complete and submit the online submission available through the portal.
Registrations open on 5 June 2019 and close on 11 July 2019.
Entry guidelines and criteria
Entries are to be submitted via the Trans-Tasman Innovation & Growth Award submission page.
The timetable for the Competition will be as follows:
- June 5 2019 to July 11 2019: Applications for the Trans-Tasman Innovation & Growth Awards open.
- July – Applications reviewed by judging panel and finalists notified
- August – Invitation to the ANZLF Annual Celebrations dinner sent to winners.
- September 12, 2019 – ANZLF Annual Celebrations dinner. It is mandatory for representatives from the winning companies to attend.
- Mar. & May 2020 – Winners will attend the ANZLF Winners’ summits in New Zealand and Australia. It is mandatory for representatives from the winning companies to attend.
Privacy collection statement
To enter, eligible entrants must read and agree to the terms of the Privacy Collection Statement.
Terms and conditions
- The Competition details, process on how to enter, entry guidelines and criteria, and timetable stated above form part of these Terms and Conditions.
- Submission of an entry to this Competition is deemed to be acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Upon submission of an entry, each entrant is deemed to assign to ANZLF all of the Intellectual Property Rights in the entry. The following terms shall apply:
- For the purposes of this Competition, “Intellectual Property Rights” means all rights in or to any patent, copyright, database rights, registered design or other design right, utility model, trade mark (whether registered or not and including any rights in get up or trade dress), brand name, service mark, trade name, business names, eligible layout right, chip topography right, discoveries, inventions and any other rights of a proprietary nature in or to the results of intellectual activity in the industrial, commercial, scientific, literary or artistic fields, whether registrable or not and wherever existing in the world, including all renewals, extensions and revivals of, modifications, and all rights to apply for, any of the foregoing rights.
- Entrant will do all things necessary or desirable (including executing all further documents) to give full effect to the assignment of the Intellectual Property Rights to the entry to ANZLF.
- Entrant will not deliberately, recklessly or negligently infringe the Intellectual Property Rights of any person when creating or preparing the entry. “Person” means an individual, company, other body corporate, association, partnership, firm, joint venture, trust or government agency and includes a person's successors, permitted assigns, substitutes, executors and administrators.
- Entrant will not assign, license or otherwise deal with the entry in a manner that is inconsistent with the assignment and rights granted to ANZLF in this Terms and Conditions.
- All submissions must be the original, unassisted work of the entrants and must comply with the entry guidelines and criteria stated above. Submissions which are incomplete, ineligible, late, lost or misdirected, or otherwise does not conform to the entry guidelines and criteria may be deemed invalid.
- ANZLF, in its absolute discretion will determine the eligibility and validity of entries and submissions. ANZLF reserves the right in its absolute discretion to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry or submission process.
- The Competition is a game of skill and chance does not play a part in determining the finalists and winner.
- ANZLF will select the judges for the Competition in its absolute discretion. The determination of the judges shall be considered final.
- ANZLF may request the finalists and winner to provide proof of identity and eligibility to enter for verification purposes.
- ANZLF shall not be liable for any tax implications and consequences that may arise from receipt by the winner of the prize.
- ANZLF is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss or damage) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition and accepting any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- The cash prize will be subject to the winner attending the ANZLF Annual Celebrations dinner and the Winners’ summits.
- ANZLF may forfeit the prize in the event that for any reason whatsoever, any winner does not accept the prize, or any part thereof, at the time or within the time period stipulated by ANZLF.
- The prize may be substituted for a prize of the same or a similar nature in the event the prize is not available despite ANZLF reasonable endeavours.
- In the event of Force Majeure, including but not limited to war, terrorism, state of emergency, natural disaster or other unforeseen circumstances, ANZLF reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Competition and will not be liable to any person for the cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.
- Upon submission of an entry, each entrant consents to ANZLF using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media without attribution, payment or compensation for the purpose of promoting the Competition (including any outcome), future competitions or services of ANZLF.
- Except for disclosures required by law or for purposes of the Competition, each entrant will keep confidential and not disclose any confidential information that may be provided by ANZLF during the Competition or any third party confidential information gained throughout the Competition. Upon request of ANZLF, each entrant will promptly return or destroy all confidential information received.
- Upon registration, ANZLF will collect entrants' personal information (as defined in the [Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)/ Privacy Act 1993 (NZ)]) for the purposes of the Competition which may be disclosed to third parties such as sponsors and other members of the ANZLF for the purpose of administering and conducting the Competition. Each entrant agrees to provide accurate, complete and up to date information to ANZLF at the time of registration of entry. An entrant who provides personal information about another entrant shall inform the other entrant of the matters contained in this statement and obtain any consent required by the [Privacy Act 1988 (Cth)/Privacy Act 1993 (NZ)] and the Privacy Collection Statement.
- Each entrant consents to ANZLF using the personal information in any media for future promotional, marketing, publicity and recruitment purposes.
- To the extent permitted by law, the parties agree that any applicable proportionate liability legislation is excluded in relation to all and any rights, obligations and liabilities under this Competition whether such rights, obligations or liabilities are sought to be enforced as a breach of contract, or a claim in tort or otherwise.
- ANZLF may, upon giving fourteen (14) days' written notice identifying specifically the basis for such notice, terminate this Competition for breach of a material term or condition of this Competition, provided entrant shall not have cured such breach within the fourteen (14) day period.
- ANZLF shall be entitled to terminate this Competition, for any reason whatsoever, without penalty, at any time by giving at least thirty (30) days written notice.
- Upon termination of this Competition for any reason, entrant will cease all activity and shall promptly provide to ANZLF, without additional cost to ANZLF, all work product and files developed by entrant under this Competition and all materials provided to entrant by ANZLF in connection with this Competition (including, without limitation, any Confidential Information, data, software, equipment, documentation or other ANZLF property).
- This Competition is governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia and the parties exclusively submit to the courts of New South Wales, Australia.