Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centres. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
The Employee Tax & Immigration (ET&I) Specialist will be part of the Global Tax Group which sits within the Finance department. The ET&I Specialist will be responsible for supporting payroll and employment tax compliance, including individual and employer income and social taxes for domestic and cross border employees in Southeast Asia. ET&I are accountable for the internal provision of employee tax, employment/payroll tax and immigration advice to manage tax and immigration risk and compliance for Accenture.
The Employee Tax & Immigration Specialist will interpret payroll and employment tax regulatory requirements and manage the related risks; set related tax policy and implement planning opportunities for Accenture's employees, cross-border assignees, and engagements in and outbound from Southeast Asia. In addition, the Specialist will support related controversy/audit matters. The Specialist must have the business acumen to work with Accenture’s Corporate Functions and need to exhibit a high degree of customer service in handling employee and leadership inquiries. In addition to their Southeast Asia Market Unit responsibilities, they will have the opportunity to contribute to Global Tax and Mobility team initiatives and global projects.
As Mobility Operations are handled by Mobility on-shore and offshore teams, the Employee Tax & Immigration Specialist is required to set and agree control points with Mobility to ensure delivery of employee tax and immigration operations in accordance with internal policy, positions and legal requirements. They also closely partner with Mobility to ensure the smooth delivery of Mobility operations by the relevant teams.
The role will be responsible for the following across Southeast Asia (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam):
• Interpret individual income tax, social tax, and employment tax regulatory changes, set taxability positions for compensation and benefits, and quantify the impact to the Company and our employees.
• Work with and advise Payroll and Mobility teams, ensure controls are working effectively for managing tax risk and compliance.
• Provide individual and employer income tax, social tax, and employment tax planning advice with the objective of managing risk and maximizing planning opportunities for Accenture and Accenture employees.
• Determine tax planning opportunities for complex/executive cross-border assignments (e.g. residency, equity plans).
• Provide input on employee/employment tax implications for Accenture policies.
• Review and advise on income tax, social tax, and employment tax & immigration implications and compliance for companies acquired by Accenture.
• Advise client engagement teams so they can make well-informed staffing decisions
• Have financial responsibility for payroll taxes for Southeast Asia (for example: setting taxability of compensation and benefits for employer and employee, driving savings regarding tax planning opportunities and tax audits).
• Have regular interaction with Accenture stakeholders and other internal teams including the Payroll and Mobility Market Unit Leads, Global Equity Services, Mobility on-shore and off-shore teams and work with other internal groups including Controllership, Finance, HR and Legal.
• Determine immigration compliance requirements in consultation with vendors and Legal, setting related internal policy and process safeguards.
• Provide input to audit/controversy response strategy, manage internal and external stakeholders on a time bound and planned audit schedule, review positions and supporting documents, reconcile issues with tax/immigration auditors.
• Have the opportunity to participate in global projects or initiatives.
Reports to: Employee Tax & Immigration SEA Market Unit Lead
Supervises: No direct reports.
External Relationships: Tax, immigration and payroll service providers, tax and immigration authorities.
Internal / Cross-Functional Relationships: Market Unit (MU) business stakeholders, Mobility onshore and offshore teams, Payroll, Legal & Finance teams
Education: University degree or equivalent higher education qualification
Qualification in a related field (e.g. Tax Law)
• 4+ years in a big 4 expatriate global mobility / employment tax role, and/or managing expatriate or domestic employment/payroll tax administration in a large multinational corporation required.
• Experience of working with team members remotely
• Previous experience in payroll/employment tax and/or expatriate tax compliance and advisory
• None – possible need to travel intermittently (less than 5% travel)
• Accenture supports flexible working arrangements
• Individual income, social and payroll/employment tax advisory experience required in at least one of the Southeast Asia countries (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Vietnam)
• International tax technical skills/expertise
• Strong customer service and advisory skills
• Experience with immigration requirements in Southeast Asia an advantage
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Experience of working with a remote, multi-cultural team an advantage
• Sound working knowledge of common applications (excel, word, outlook)
• Strong conflict management skills
• Ability to pay attention to detail
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work to tight deadlines and multi-task
• Vendor management experience is an advantage
You will also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other basis as protected by applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.