Role: UNIX & Linux Support lead
Level: Associate Manager
Duration: 1 year fixed term contract with a possibility of extension
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Maintain UNIX/Linux Operating System
· Create and maintain environment for running batch jobs associated with daily batch cycle and batch reporting subsystem
· Work with LAN/Network personnel to ensure compatibility with LAN applications and peripheral hardware to provide end users with reliable and stable working environment
and maintain other vendor database software installed on the LAN servers
Perform User Access Management
Apply Patches and Upgrades as necessary. Perform tasks for Backup and Recovery
Management including High Availability
Perform/Implement Security Monitoring and audit to identify any possible security intrusions or breaches.
supporting day-today administration functions including user account management
and script creation
· Install and configure storage arrays and allocate SAN and NAS storage to different OS platforms and/or administer ZFS storage pools, file system, snapshots and clones.
Hardware Issues, Installation and testing of computer peripherals
· Designing, installing and configuring new/existing Linux/Unix systems.
· Ownership of planning and implement complex Linux/Unix changes and work packages.
· Linux/Unix troubleshooting, remediation and fault-finding skills.
· Offer expert knowledge within the Linux/Unix product range to internal/external client teams.
· Design automation solutions using tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Scripts to address new requirements to remove manual effort and drive quality.
· Manage and enhance existing automations to calibrate and improve ‘checks’ further
· Deployment of packages using central management tools
· Server builds, upgrades, deployments, security, compliance and patching processes
· Producing and maintaining support documentation, including knowledge sharing.
· Follow ITIL Framework for changes, incidents, problems, risks, capacity and performance of Linux/Unix systems.
Year of Experience:
· Minimum 10 years of the experience
Working Knowledge & experience is must
· RH kernel based Linux OS Administration (RHEL, CentOS , SuSe etc.)
· IBM AIX
· RHCSA / RHCE certified
· IBM AIX Certification
Other Skills (Process & Soft Skills):
· ITIL V3 Awareness / Foundation Certified
· Fluent in spoken & written English
· Arabic Language (spoken: as “Nice to Have” skill)
· Ability to communicate thoroughly through verbal and written mediums.
· Ability to observe, ask questions, listen actively, and give and accept feedback effectively.
· Organize and compile information from external and internal sources.
· Communicate effectively with both external and internal customers.
· Strong communications skills including the ability to communicate technical information in using non-technical language
- Take part in 24x7 on-call rotation
- Work out of hours evenings, nights, weekends, bank holidays at reasonable request to perform production changes
· B. E. / B.Tech./ MCA/ MSc.
· Other Graduates with Technical Certification is must
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
SAP Natural Resources Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 1 day ago
USA TX - Austin
Travel & Expenses Accounting New Associate
Business Process Specialization
Posted 1 day ago
USA PA - Philadelphia
Posted 1 day ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.