Accenture is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Accenture will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Accenture encourages applicants of all ages.
Global Legal Network (GLN) is a group of professionals operating globally from 10 countries. It provides a broad spectrum of differentiated services - focused on delivering value and innovation. We partner with Legal teams across Accenture to build efficiencies and centres of excellence related to Legal services; and through our size, geographic spread and language diversity, the Global Legal Network is able to drive quality, agility and speed in our services, aligned to Accenture’s relentless focus on maximum efficiency and operational effectiveness.
Legal Buyside Contracting is a focused legal function for third party contracting. The team is involved with drafting, reviewing and negotiating third party supplier contracts for Accenture and acts as a legal advisory services function leveraging technology to deliver support.
Legal Buyside Contracting Role Summary – to provide comprehensive legal support to Procurement and Business teams in Poland and globally which includes drafting, reviewing, negotiation and execution of contracts, NDA’s and other documents relevant to procurement support in accordance with company policies and procedures, applicable laws and customer requirements. Provide advisory support to procurement and business teams by driving the creation of templates, standardize the templates, maintain and continuously improve the standard contract templates and procedures for complex buyside deals in accordance with changing laws and company policies. Develop specialized subject-matter expertise in support area to seamlessly address any potential risks or issues.
Responsibilities aligned to Role
- Draft, review and negotiate supplier/buyside agreements (incl. high value and highly complex) and similar/related documentation with Accenture suppliers in Poland and globally, to procure various goods and services including but not limited to areas like Contractors, Human Resources Support, IT & Telecom, Marketing & Communications, Workplace Support (Facilities & Services), Software as a Service etc. in accordance with Accenture’s supplier contracting standards, applicable laws, and business requirements
- Address complex contract queries and matters regarding contract negotiations, obligations and revisions. Identify risks and issues, suggest alternatives that lead to the best solutions. In this regard effectively manage the internal stakeholders such as deal teams, Solution Architects, Procurement, HR, Workplace, Finance, Marketing & Communications etc.
- Act as a point of contact from legal and work closely with the stakeholders to help them understand the contractual clauses in terms of interpretation and applicability in the contract basis for the business opportunity
- Conduct gap analysis and create legal risk assessment by identifying and flagging potential risks to Accenture and/or clauses which are non-negotiable. Provide recommendations to Business and other related stakeholders to sensitize them on the extent of risk Accenture exposes itself to in context of the services and to minimize or mitigate such risks effectively
- Structure the legal transactions to be most advantageous from a contracting and business perspective and manage potential escalations of serious or unresolved issues in accordance with prescribed guidelines
- Autonomously work across all categories and complexities of contractual agreements with vendor/client deals including reviewing, advising and negotiating legal issues
- Provide team members with positive and developmental feedback on their work product, conduct etc. as a supervisor or quality assurance resource
- Create and develop training materials for the team as well as to the internal stakeholders to ensure transactions are completed in accordance with applicable company policies, procedures and local laws.
- Stay updated on the leadership vision and developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and orchestrate the information to incorporate it into company’s vendor contracting practices.