Data & AI Counsel - Manager
Imagine being part of team that helps transform leading organisations and communities around the world!
At Accenture we put innovation at the heart of everything we do and coupled with our core values of client value creation, one global network, respect for the individual, best people, integrity and stewardship, we offer careers that provide unparalleled opportunities for career growth and job satisfaction.
Data & AI Compliance is part of our CORE (Compliance, Operations, Regulatory and Ethics) group in Legal. Our professionals work closely with other Legal teams, corporate and business functions to ensure we do business in a responsible and compliant way, and help bring our values to life, every day, with a focus on building and maintaining trust of our people, clients, suppliers and partners. We identify and manage legal, business and commercial risks and provide high quality guidance and advice to our organization
As Manager, Data & AI Compliance, you have a core role in building and leading Accenture’s new global Data & Applied Intelligence compliance program, reporting to and in close cooperation with the Associate Director, Data & AI Compliance. The program will ensure Accenture meets contractual obligations, legal and regulatory requirements as well as voluntary commitments made in the fields of data governance and applied (artificial) intelligence, with a strong focus on bringing Accenture’s values and culture to life.
This role will be central for our activities to design, build and maintain a strong compliance program which sits next to our mature data privacy program. The program will be established in 2022 and should very soon be operational while we will further extend it in 2023 and beyond. It works in close alignment with our other compliance programs, our Global Services Legal team, Responsible AI team and others. It is a full-time role that will be filled by an experienced senior professional able to demonstrate strong expertise and interest in the areas of digital, technology, governance and compliance.
Closely working with other Data & AI Compliance staff, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Review Accenture internal as well as client facing projects to ensure compliance with law, regulations and voluntary commitments;
- Identify relevant current and future legal, regulatory and policy requirements as well as voluntary commitments and industry best practices, and translate them into Accenture policy, standards and controls;
- Closely work with risk, information security and other teams to build and run the program, supporting our risk and quality management as well as post market monitoring, each as relevant for the scope of the program;
- Support client facing work such as client assessments and contracts;
- Interact with key business stakeholders across Accenture, to ensure data and AI compliance issues are considered at the outset of new services, offerings, projects, products and initiatives;
- Keep abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact, and develop guidance, training and thought leadership for internal audiences;
- Build and maintain strong and trusted relationships with internal and external stakeholders, in particular with legal, risk, information security and business teams, and interaction with clients, as needed;
- Effectively work with a team of legal professionals and business teams in remote locations, providing advice and guidance in an engaged, business focused and pragmatic manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated command of data governance and artificial intelligence, and related policy, laws and regulations;
- Has had accountability for compliance program, ideally at multinational organization and/or in the digital, AI or technology space;
- Proven ability to operationalize and implement strategy;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and assess trends and developments in data governance and AI, such as the proposed EU AI and digital packages, and to explain issues in a practical, results-focused manner;
- Ability to build a network of professional relationships with experts and regulators;
- Ability to synthesize complex analysis into clear and consistent recommendations;
- Ability to prioritize and make decisions, and possess a high level of common sense, including the ability to see around the corner and spot risks before they materialize;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface, and develop relationships, with all levels of management and staff, and work cross-culturally.
Behaviours and Attributes
- Highly motivated and proactive, with the ability to articulate company vision and policy;
- Curiosity for learning about new technology, industry best practices, and areas of risk, analyzing and turning new insights into concrete action;
- Strong commitment to ethics, values and company culture;
- Committed to building and maintaining a consistent global program;
- Building and maintaining a network of good working relationships both internally and externally; and
- Fluent in English.
Education and Qualifications
- JD or equivalent law degree (based on geography) or M.Sc. or comparable degree in (business) informatics, data science, information management, or adjacent subjects;
- Relevant certifications (such as in data privacy, data governance, audit, AI, Information Security) considered a plus.
- Minimum 4-5 years of experience in a (ideally global) compliance and ethics/governance function;
- Deep knowledge of data governance, data management principles, strategies and frameworks;
- Experience in managing other staff (formal or functional reporting lines);
- Knowledge of and experience in monitoring legal and regulatory trends and developments and translating those into actionable requirements;
- Strong project management and organizational skills would be considered a plus.
- Travel required as needed (likely <10%);
- Must have ability to effectively work with others remotely, manage a schedule with global stakeholders.