Are you an ambitious legal professional with commercial contracting experience in the field of technology, outsourcing, digital and Cloud? Are you looking to be part of a market-leading international team shaping, negotiating and contracting some of the largest and most interesting outsourcing deals and digital projects? Are you a team player who likes to work in a fast-paced client-centric and fun environment? If so, then we would like to hear from you!
At Accenture, the Contracting Legal team is at the heart of our business. As a Legal Counsel - Contracting you will be responsible for the preparation, review, and negotiation of business agreements between Accenture and its clients. You will work closely together with the deal teams (account leads, deal shapers, solution architects and finance) as trusted business partner to advise on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions, shape the contract and define the negotiation strategy. You will have a key role in driving the contracting process efficiently and promptly to close. Working in a highly international environment, you will be collaborating with legal colleagues who are subject matter specialists in their fields (e.g., IP, employment, antitrust and privacy law) to support the business to win and close deals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Representing Accenture's interests and interfacing directly with client legal counsel and negotiating teams
- Helping to develop, and understand, risk mitigation strategies for contractual risks
- Structuring client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Consulting, advising, and strategizing with Accenture executives as part of the sales & delivery cycle
- Educating company executives regarding legal and risk management issues
- Developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge on various legal and business issues
The Dutch Contracting team comprises 8 talented professionals and primarily supports Accenture’s Dutch business. It is part of a broader team of 33 Contracting lawyers operating across France & Benelux. The team is plugged into the broader Contracting team at Accenture and we are proud to be able to offer opportunities for our team members to work on deals across Europe if that is of interest to them.
- Master Dutch law degree
- Minimum of 6 years relevant experience of commercial contracting in the domain of technology, telecoms, digital, cloud and/or software, in a law firm or as an inhouse legal counsel. International exposure/experience would be a definite plus but is not a prerequisite
- Very strong oral and written communication in both Dutch and English
- Team player, collaborative and persuasive; able to work well with executives and non-executives
- Understands and able to apply pragmatic risk management approaches and alternative solutions in a very “client-centric” way
- Good negotiation skills, presence and the ability to apply judgment to influence decisions
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we believe in openness and honesty, fairness and equality, common sense and realism. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and great work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Annick van Kerkum, firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.