Disrupt the way the world works by using your skills to transform Accenture clients in the digital businesses of tomorrow. Unleash your talent and bring business closer to the people they serve via cutting edge digital solutions developed by you. Leave your digital mark on the world.
Does the world of Big Data excite you? Do you want to help our clients become high performance and data-driven businesses? If so, we would love to meet you!
As a Big Data Engineer Consultant, you will be part of the Strategy & Consulting team in Amsterdam. You will work directly with our clients in the Netherlands and sometimes also abroad to advise them from a business and technology perspective on how to become data driven and implement the fantastic opportunities that big data can bring. Your work can vary from advice on the Big Data platform they need to work on, including defining the solution architecture, to building scalable, streaming Big Data solutions making use of state of the art technologies.
As part of your day to day activities, you will be working with the largest Big Data vendors in the world, cool innovative start-ups in the Big Data space, and the top clients in the Netherlands and abroad.
Our consultants in Strategy & Consulting are changing businesses every day using deep industry insights, knowledge and innovative ideas. Positioned at the crucial intersection of business, technology and industry, we devise creative new strategies based on trends, insights and data. With an eye for competitive advantage, digital disruption, operating models and the future workforce, we take on the challenge of designing and implementing transformative business solutions, using the newest technology.
Our research-based advice and situational analyses enable our clients to act with speed and confidence. Whether we're investigating complex issues or identifying new opportunities, our work always comes down to one thing: unlocking value and creating real, tangible impacts.
- Master’s degree in areas like Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering or Econometrics, Business Analytics, or Information Management
- Minimum 3+ years of hands on relevant Big Data technologies or implementations
- Experienced in distributed computing, distributed storage, and containerisation; Spark/PySpark, Kafka, SQL & NoSQL (e.g., Elastic, Hive, BigQuery, Kafka KTables, AWS S3), Docker, Kubernetes
- Experienced in programming with Python or Scala and familiar with micro services development (REST API’s/IoT)
- Fluent in English. Fluent Dutch is a strong preference, but not mandatory
- Good business communication skills, able to transform business requirements into use cases
Accenture is an incredible place to work - and keep learning. By joining us, you’ll become part of a global company with a world-class brand and reputation. Besides the work we do for our clients, we’re really proud of our vibrant, diverse workplace culture: we take an agile approach, provide end-to-end services and maintain a realistic mindset. We want to get to know the real you and help you explore and grow - whatever it is you're great at. So, you will always have lots of learning opportunities (formal and informal) to improve your role-specific skills and expertise.
Besides our high-profile, challenging projects and our nurturing work environment, we offer excellent employee benefits, including:
- A flexible transport arrangement that suits your personal situation (electric car or bicycle, flexible budget including NS business card)
- An expense allowance
- Discount on Accenture shares
- The possibility to work 4 x 9 hours a week
Are you ready to join Accenture for a career where you can be yourself and do what you love? Apply now and change the world around you.
Questions? Connect with Mieke Ronda, firstname.lastname@example.org or +31 6 20768508.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.