Contracting Legal Professionals (CLP) in Accenture’s Corporate Functions organization coordinate and deliver legal, contract and commercial counsel in support of Accenture's business. CLPs identify and help manage and mitigate risk and ensure ethical behavior and compliance with laws and company policies, while providing guidance and negotiating contracts leveraging commercial and market relevant positions.
Review, draft, and negotiate several types of contractual agreements in a fast-paced corporate environment which may include: master services agreements, outsourcing agreements, statements of work, service level agreements, licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, data transfer agreements, requests for proposals and agreements involving cloud, blockchain security, automation, systems integration and agile development. Team with more senior CLPs in supporting more complex contracts and deal structures. Act, and continuously evolve as, a knowledgeable and relevant advisor on legal and commercial risks associated with transactions.
- Independently, and help to, structure, negotiate and close client transactions to be most advantageous from a legal and business perspective
- Strategize with senior CLPs and internal business clients prior to client negotiations
- Stay abreast of developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company’s transactional practices
- Educate and advise company executives with respect to legal and risk management issues
- Develop subject matter expertise in one of more areas that benefit Legal and/or our business
- Participate in developing internal guidelines, toolkits, and packaged knowledge capital on various legal and business issues
- Support, promote and implement Legal Group initiatives
- Embrace and evolve to gain expertise in seven Contracting attributes, including becoming a pathfinder, architect, business-minded, nonconformist, inspired, relevant and technology enabled contracting professional
Reports to: Contracting Lead
Supervises: No direct supervisory responsibility
External Relationships: Accenture client executives and negotiating teams; Outside Counsel
- JD (or equivalent)
- Authorized and licensed to practice law in at least one jurisdiction
- Minimum 4 years of transactional experience in digital, consulting, systems integration, and/or outsourcing areas in roles with increasing responsibility, such experience should be in a law firm or in a fast-paced corporate legal/transaction group in a relevant industry
- Minimum of 2 years of experience negotiating Intellectual Property and Data Privacy issues
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Accomplished negotiator with an understanding of principle-based negotiation strategy and tactics including the ability to present alternatives with proposed solutions
- Proven ability to efficiently manage a large volume of transactions independently
- Experience negotiating and drafting technology-based agreements
- Understand basic principles of Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management
- Strong executive presence
- Good understanding of contracting/risk issues, including IP, as they apply to digital, consulting, systems integration, and outsourcing transactions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Additional Desirable Criteria:
- Experience in working with state and local government agencies or working with clients in the healthcare arena
- French speaking and Civil Law (Canada only)
- Travel required.
- Candidates who are currently on assignment as part of the Global Careers program are not eligible for consideration.
- Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa (OPT), TN visa or any other non-immigrant status).
- Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 505,000 people serving clients in more than 200 cities with operations across 51 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
LocationsOntario - Ottawa,Ontario - Toronto
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
USA GA - Atlanta
Contract Associate Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 2 days ago
Federal - Contract Manager
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 5 days ago
USA PA - Berwyn
Procurement Contract Specialist
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 11 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.