Supply Chain and Operations Strategy, and we move fast, think fast, and work fast. Our Fortune 500 clients need big-picture change, so we come at their challenges from all sides with functional insights, data power, digital leadership, and extensive industry know-how. It’s our job to show clients how to take major leaps forward by integrating interaction points across planning, procurement, manufacturing, and fulfillment. How do we do it? We start by calling out the most important metrics. We then create strategies and operating models that really work and that more effectively connect all stakeholders across the extended supply chain. Optimizing processes, reducing costs, improving response times, as well as driving impact for our planet and society are of critical importance to us. Visit us here to find out more about Supply Chain.
A skillful procurement strategist and advisor. You know how to make procurement work for clients, society, and our planet – ensuring input products and services are received responsibly without interruption. And, what’s more - you’ve got the real-life experience and analytical know-how to reduce complexity, optimize risk exposure / resiliency and increase long-term profitability. You have energy and drive in abundance, along with personal resilience, a passion for serving clients, and a love of continual learning. You have a flair for breaking down challenges into logical issues and constructing crystal-clear reasoning and root-cause analyses—an aptitude you use to decimate problems. You have both communication and people skills in spades, and as a leader you’re a natural at appreciating diverse perspectives and bringing out the best in teams.
- You will support our clients across a broad range of industries to address their issues related to:
- Competitive agility – maximizing the value of the procurement function
- 3rd party cost takeout – complex sourcing, should cost modelling for SG&A and COGS, specifications / policy / process refinement
- Mergers & Acquisition – clean room-based synergy identification
- Responsible Procurement – redefining, executing and monitoring performance against environmental, social and corporate governance targets.
- You will spot, isolate, and solve procurement problems using your skills in:
- Advanced analytics – reviewing large spend, contracts, and consumption data sets
- Should-cost modelling – indirect / SG&A (incl. technology, marketing, professional services, etc.) and direct / COGS (incl. chemicals, metals, ingredients, etc.)
- Operating model architecture – people, process technology
- You will also, throughout your work, have opportunities to:
- Lead medium sized teams (7+), with diverse backgrounds skills and knowledge
- Effectively manage and coach others, collaborating with internal and external parties
- Support client sales origination and thought leadership development
- Challenge legacy ways of working using constructive techniques that fuel client growth
- Drive a positive impact in the communities where we work and live
Please note: The safety and well-being of our people continues to be the top priority, and our decisions around travel are informed by government COVID-19 response directives, recommendations from leading health authorities and guidance from a number of infectious disease experts.
Racking-up those air miles will have to wait, as weekly non-essential travel to client sites Monday through Thursday is currently suspended. For now, all Accenture business travel, international and domestic, is currently restricted to client-essential sales/delivery activity only.
Here’s what you need:
- At least 5 years of experience working in Procurement or 3rd party cost takeout initiatives
- At least 3 years working in an external consulting firm and operating at the equivalent level
- A Bachelor’s Degree
Bonus points if:
- You have the proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- You excel in building and developing relationships, overseeing complex programs and demonstrating leadership
- You’ve earned an MBA or equivalent graduate degree
- You have a functional-level understanding of technology solutions
LocationsOntario - Toronto,Quebec - Montreal
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Merchandise Planning (MP&A)/Inventory Management Strategy Consultant
Posted more than 1 month ago
Merchandise Planning (MP&A)/Inventory Management Strategy Manager
Posted more than 1 month ago
Canada Ontario - Toronto
Business Strategy Manager
Posted more than 1 month ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.