Accenture Strategy. Through deep industry expertise, analytics and insights, we empower clients to survive and thrive in the new, the now and the unknown. To stay agile in a world dominated by change, the C-suite must keep the core business running while simultaneously identifying and investing in the new. Accenture Strategy consulting enables leaders to act quickly and confidently as they pivot to the future. Known for our ability to execute at speed, we help clients determine clear, actionable paths to competitive agility by bringing them new thinking on business and technology.
A Strategy Consulting expert with deep consulting and industry experience in Retail Merchandising/Merchandise Planning (MP&A)/Inventory Management, together with leadership and management skills. Your expertise? Advising clients in Retail Merchandising/Merchandise Planning (MP&A)/Inventory Management on data-driven strategies and process improvement to achieve their strategic, financial, and operational goals. You have extensive energy and drive , along with personal resilience, a passion for serving retail clients, and a love of continual learning. You have a flair for breaking down processes into logical parts and constructing clear reasoning and analyses—an aptitude you use to solve problems and improve client processes and improving their related performance. Communication and people skills? You have extensive experience and as a manager you’re a natural at appreciating diverse perspectives and bringing out the best in teams.
Using your experience and skills, our Merchandise Planning consultants identify, communicate and deliver pragmatic and innovative solutions to address retail opportunities through improvements in organization, process, and related tool utilization. This job involves:
• Working across the entire product lifecycle from buying to more effective inventory management
• Identifying opportunities for process and/or improved use of system capabilities
• Effectively managing colleagues, client and third-party staff.
• Providing effective communication and change management to help clients successfully realize sustainable benefits
Strong candidates will have demonstrated both individual initiative and cooperative collaboration in their previous employment, as well as:
• Passion for retail, for solving complex problems and for delivering measurable and sustainable results for retailers
• Prior merchandising and/or MP&A experience with a retailer, or retail consulting experience
• Experience with using or implementing merchandising, planning and inventory management tools
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and a demonstrated ability to interact with all levels of the client’s organization
• Ability to effectively manage team-members and project work
• Well-developed analytical skills and the ability to define, conduct, identify, quantify and effectively communicate insights from data
• Formal project management experience or certification a plus
Here’s What You Need:
• Minimum 5 years of experience in the retail management consulting industry and in the retail industry
• Bachelor’s degree
Bonus Points if:
• Intellectual curiosity and ability to learn and adapt quickly to new situations and environment
• Ability to analyze and quantify financial benefits associated with defined process changes and improved use of system capabilities
• Desire and ability to manage teams (internal and client side) and staff
• Leadership skills to support clients through key process and technology changes using effective training, coaching and change management techniques
• Proficiency with MS Office tools; specifically, Excel and PowerPoint
LocationsOntario - Ottawa,Ontario - Toronto,Quebec - Montreal
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Canada Quebec - Montreal
Accenture Strategy Consultant Development Program - Summer MBA Consultant - Montreal
Posted 5 days ago
Canada Alberta - Calgary
Accenture Strategy Consultant Development Program - Summer MBA Consultant - Calgary
Posted 6 days ago
Canada Ontario - Toronto
Accenture Strategy Consultant Development Program - Summer MBA Consultant - Toronto
Posted 6 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.