Job Title: SAS Data Engineering Manager
Location: Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa
Job Description Overview
Applied Intelligence, the people who love using data to tell a story. We’re also the world’s largest team of data scientists, data engineers, and experts in machine learning and AI. A great day for us? Solving big problems using the latest tech, serious brain power, and deep knowledge of just about every industry. We believe a mix of data, analytics, automation, and responsible AI can do almost anything—spark digital metamorphoses, widen the range of what humans can do, and breathe life into smart products and services. Want to join our crew of sharp analytical minds? Visit us here to find out more about Applied Intelligence.
As a SAS Engineer, you are passionate about data and technology solutions, are driven to learn about them and keep up with market evolution. You will play an active role throughout the entire engagement cycle, specializing in modern data solutions including designing and delivering performant Business Intelligence SAS applications to our clients by supporting our engagement teams in collaboration with the project manager. You are enthusiastic about all things data, statistics, data mining, customer intelligence and advanced analytics. If you have strong problem-solving and analytical skills, are tech savvy and have a solid understanding of software development, then this role may be for you.
In this role, you will:
- Deliver proof on concepts using appropriate SAS technology
- Support analysis, design, development and testing phases
- Document business processes, business requirements and system requirements
- Provide specifications for ETL or any service oriented dataflow
- Support SAS cloud strategy
- Database design for the following solutions: Customer Intelligence, In-Memory Analytics, Customer Intelligence and Marketing Intelligence
- Support Integrated and UAT testing
- Performance tuning
- Support the project manager and the scrum master
- Define good development practices and methodology for the team
- Guide developers throughout the development phases
- Deploy solutions in regards to our client’s DevOps approach
- Participate in project proposals and RFI
- Participate in business development activities
Here’s What You Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science
- Strong working experience in an environment with SAS, with 5+ years of experience delivering various projects involving SAS Cloud Analytics technologies
- Experience in Agile Methodology
- Proven design and development experience as a SAS Architect or a SAS manager in complex environments
- Experience in developing using version control tools
- Knowledge of MS Project, any Agile platforms and Visio
- Demonstrate experience in performing gap analysis and impact analysis
- Experience supporting business users working on projects or programs involving multiple highly inter-dependent applications and/or data sources
- Demonstrated capacity to work collaboratively with client organizations
- Ability to work with and lead diverse remote teams
- Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solution
- Proven analytical skills and systematic problem solving
We are a global collective of innovators applying the New every day to improve the way the world works and lives. Help us show the world what’s possible as you partner with clients to unlock hidden value and deliver innovative solutions. Empowered with innovative tools, continuous learning and a global community of diverse talent and perspectives, we drive success in a new business architecture that disrupts conventional practices. Our expertise spans 40+ industries across 120+ countries and impacts millions of lives every day. We turn ideas into reality.
To learn more about Accenture, and how you will be challenged and inspired from Day 1, please visit our website at accenture.ca/careers.https://accntu.re/2Hcjdtn
It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces.
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.