- Act as the business advisor to the account executive team
- Oversee the annual/ mid-year client planning process
- Collaborate with client and engagement partners executives, Client Group Finance Leads (or equivalent), and other finance operations executives (including statutory accounting) to communicate the position and status of the account financial position
- Lead the account forecasting process, ensuring adherence to internal finance deadlines
- Monitor financial status and costs, perform financial forecasting and analysis and produce financial reports
- Educate account teams with forecasting best practices to drive improved forecast accuracy across the account
- Design and implement timelines and processes to ensure appropriate financial deal-shaping support across the account.
- Ensure all account executives have received appropriate levels of pricing / new business training
- Partner with the appropriate account commercial team stakeholders (eg, Commercial Director, Contract Management, HR, etc) to ensure an appropriate level of commercial subject matter expertise across the account.
- Work closely with the account Commercial Director (if applicable) to ensure compliance with all relevant finance policies
- Coordinate with Contract Management, Legal team to ensure contractual compliance with all terms and conditions of the client agreement, including billing and collections
- Develop and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) and engagement metrics, and secure agreement on budgets and targets for KPI’s for the purpose of financial reporting
- Ensure compliance with all global and local statutory, tax, Internal Controls, and US GAAP requirements
- Understand, explain, and resolve major discrepancies that occur on the ledgers to manage engagement financial records
- Ensure the deal team and business runners are aware of risks and there are no financial surprises on the deal for Accenture or our client.
- Implement and direct processes to ensure constant monitoring and understanding of all balance sheet items, including inventory and receivables
- Identify and implement appropriate procedures to drive continuous improvement in accounting and reporting
- Look to drive profitability improvements across the account
- Coordinate and supervise financial support for cross-geographic unit opportunities within CFM scope
- Develop best practices for CFM and work with CFM leadership to continuously improve training, methodologies, tools and skills
- Perform quality and service reviews in the team, to continuously improve the quality of service delivery
- Support the CFM executives in scheduling and recruiting for CFM service delivery team
- Set and supervise performance criteria for CFM service delivery team
- Recruit CFM service delivery team members and train them as needed
- Prepare and participate in CFM meetings and training sessions
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting OR Other business degree with 9 credit hours of Accounting
- 5+ years of experience in a financial role
- Project based Accounting experience
- Experience with Revenue and US GAAP
- Proven ability to work independently and as a team member
- Ability to be flexible and work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of business, finance and accounting fundamentals including U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Planning, forecasting and budgeting
- Attention to detail
- PC literate (e.g., working knowledge of MS Office Programs)
- Professional Certifications may also be required in certain geographies (i.e. CIMA/ACCA or ACA)
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork and collaboration in professional setting; either military or civilian
We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
Accenture Flex - Functional Tester -Norfolk, VA
USA VA - Arlington
Federal - Digital Transformation Consultant ++
Accenture DayNine - Workday Certified Integrations/BIRT Associate Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.