People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area, and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Finance professionals prepare and interpret financial plans and reports, ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable financial rules and regulations, including internal financial controls, to mitigate risk for the company. May also shape and execute client deals to maximize the use of Accenture's capital and resources, manage cash and/or liaise with the investor community.
Support the global financial management function and business advisory services. Offer services through contract completion on regulatory and organization principles compliance, internal controls, budgeting/forecasting, contract profit and loss management and advisory to our customer leadership teams and corporate leadership. Deliver services around the globe through a network of financial professionals via help-desk support, shared service operations and customer-dedicated on-site support.
- Act as the business advisor to the account executive team
- Oversee the annual/ mid-year client planning process
- Collaborate with client and engagement partners executives, Client Group Finance Leads (or equivalent), and other finance operations executives (including statutory accounting) to communicate the position and status of the account financial position
Drive accuracy and rigor across the forecasting process
- Lead the account forecasting process, ensuring adherence to internal finance deadlines
- Monitor financial status and costs, perform financial forecasting and analysis and produce financial reports
- Educate account teams with forecasting best practices to drive improved forecast accuracy across the account
Drive the new business process across the account
- Design and implement timelines and processes to ensure appropriate financial deal-shaping support across the account.
- Ensure all account executives have received appropriate levels of pricing / new business training
- Partner with the appropriate account commercial team stakeholders (eg, Commercial Director, Contract Management, HR, etc) to ensure an appropriate level of commercial subject matter expertise across the account.
- Work closely with the account Commercial Director (if applicable) to ensure compliance with all relevant finance policies
- Coordinate with Contract Management, Legal team to ensure contractual compliance with all terms and conditions of the client agreement, including billing and collections
Ensure the quality and integrity of engagement financial records
- Develop and analyze key performance indicators (KPIs) and engagement metrics, and secure agreement on budgets and targets for KPI’s for the purpose of financial reporting
- Ensure compliance with all global and local statutory, tax, Internal Controls, and US GAAP requirements
- Understand, explain, and resolve major discrepancies that occur on the ledgers to manage engagement financial records
- Ensure the deal team and business runners are aware of risks and there are no financial surprises on the deal for Accenture or our client.
- Implement and direct processes to ensure constant monitoring and understanding of all balance sheet items, including inventory and receivables
- Identify and implement appropriate procedures to drive continuous improvement in accounting and reporting
- Look to drive profitability improvements across the account
Serve as a leader in the CFM organization: Value Creator, People Developer, & Business Operator
- Coordinate and supervise financial support for cross-geographic unit opportunities within CFM scope
- Develop best practices for CFM and work with CFM leadership to continuously improve training, methodologies, tools and skills
- Perform quality and service reviews in the team, to continuously improve the quality of service delivery
- Support the CFM executives in scheduling and recruiting for CFM service delivery team
- Set and supervise performance criteria for CFM service delivery team
- Recruit CFM service delivery team members and train them as needed
- Prepare and participate in CFM meetings and training sessions