Title: Accenture Security Canada - Application Security - SAP Security Manager
Travel: Travel Required
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Accenture people build careers in four different areas of our business: Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and internal Corporate Functions. Each area offers a unique career experience and a compelling mix of work and training opportunities, work environment and structure for career progression.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
Application Security professionals develop and deliver solutions - including design and implementation of Security Roles, Segregation of Duties Analysis Rules, Security Role Provisioning solutions, Security Workflow, Business Process Controls, Security Analytics, Enterprise GRC Solutions, Automated External Application Scanning and Automated Source Code Analysis - that minimize the impact of internal and external manipulation of applications to access, steal, modify, or delete sensitive data.
Why Accenture Security?
Serving as a trusted security partner for more than 20 years to more than 330 clients across ~70 countries, Accenture Security helps organizations build resilience from the inside out so they can operate and grow confidently in a rapidly evolving threat landscape. Our 5000 security professionals bring exceptional industry expertise to tailor intelligent security services to our clients’ unique businesses and industries. We provide a full spectrum of services – from security strategy development, to business transformation to managed security services – on demand and at a global scale.
Leveraging our global resources and next-generation technologies, we create an integrated, comprehensive program tailored to each organization’s specific business goals and industry. Recognizing that there is no finish line in securing enterprises, we are constantly collaborating at our global cyber labs and centers with our broad, interdisciplinary innovation ecosystem of the best minds in security. Our focus on continuous innovation gives us a front lines perspective that ensures we are adapting to match the pace of security challenges.
Accenture’s unique ability to combine deep Security expertise across Strategy, Technology and Operations means that it is able to offer clients an enterprise-wide security program to predict, protect, detect, and respond to threats in an industry specific context.
Accenture Security professionals:
- Are highly credible with the ability to engage on a broad C-suite agenda. Possess the personal and professional attributes necessary to guide senior leadership in the formulation of strategies that produce robust and dynamic protective security capabilities as well as enterprise resilience capabilities.
Possess deep industry expertise sufficient to not only understand the nuances of an industry, but also guide client executives in developing suitable strategies with limited capacity and ever-changing threat landscapes.
Understand current and future client needs in the context of the security marketplace as well as client industry dynamics and apply insights to recommend short/long-term value creation for clients that have the appropriate level of impact.
Demonstrate an ability to:
Understand business direction of companies and create optimized security strategies that meet business needs, seeking to balance defensive and responsive strategic elements.
Communicate complex technology concepts and terms to executive clients in business terms to support formulation of enterprise strategy formulation.
Advise on aligning and optimizing security operations to meet business objectives while maintaining identified compliance with legal, best-practice and regulatory requirements.
Produce risk-based strategies that maximize the effectiveness of finite financial resources in the face of ever-escalating cyber threats.
Perform as a Security Strategy Consulting Practitioner subject matter expert in at least one or more of the following seven key security domains:
Extended Ecosystem - articulating risks and exposures across 3rd parties, cloud providers, “shadow” IT, partners, and suppliers;
Governance and Leadership - reviewing and developing effective structures for communication and decision making across an organization;
Investment Efficiency - evaluating the effectiveness of client expenditures across the technology portfolio to ensure optimal balance between enablement and protection;
Business Exposure - identifying business exposures resulting from cyber-attack vectors (e.g. insider threat, competitive intelligence, supply chain, distribution, and materials security, etc.);
Resilience Readiness - evaluating an organization’s ability to respond transparently to interruptions resulting from cyber-attacks;
Cyber Response Readiness - reviewing an organization’s ability manage and respond to cyber-attacks from a business process and technical level, and across all levels of an organization (Exec MGT, legal, HR, IT, Security, Compliance, etc.);
Strategic Threat Context - understanding the myriad threat factors (geopolitical, competitive, criminal, and market threats) in conjunction with cyber-attack vectors used to disrupt business operations.
Application Security- SAP Security professionals:
- Identify, assess and solve complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors;
- Closely follow the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing goals;
- Interact with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach;
- Have some latitude in decision-making. Act independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Strong understanding of information security management principles, SAP application security implementation methodologies, role based access controls, distributed systems administration, and distributed system recovery.
- Manage large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture;
- Configure security in SAP to meet unique client security requirements;
- Demonstrate knowledge in some areas of industry or functional specialty;
- Communicate client expectations to the engagement team;
- Conduct security and continuity assessment;
- Assume responsibility for small components of engagements. May have greater role on small engagements;
- Contribute to engagement planning and ensuring that deliverables meet work plan objectives;
- Deliver services that meet Accenture Project Manager specifications;
- Recognize and communicate opportunities to sell "add-on" work to client;
- Travel as required.