Test Automation Leads are expected to perform an automation leadership and architecture role with a focus on building strong teams, approaches and ways of working. Applying a variety of techniques, and applying their extensive experience, to guide our clients towards success in Test Automation.
They will have a strong passion for the development and implementation of test frameworks and automated tests. They will want to collaborate with developers and other stakeholders to define and achieve successful delivery of our products and services.
They will act as pioneers, assisting with pre-sales, building the technical approach and delivering the first tests. They will work with their Test Architects and successfully onboard SDETs who they will support in the delivery of test automation.
Test Automation Leads will lead multiple squads containing Test Automation Architects and SDETs. They will guide the direction of the project and the development of the overall automation approach and delivery. They will provide coaching and support to their squad members.
The Test Automation Lead will work independently and as part of a team with a focus on quality, sustainability of developed solutions with effective communication and the ability to adapt and evolve.
Above all, they will be the face of REPL, part of Accenture, for clients. Guiding, advising and leading them towards exceptional quality through automated testing.
- Be an expert in the selection, design and build of test automation frameworks and tools
- Deliver the capability for successful automated functional and regression tests that support the needs of the client
- Coach and support Test Automation Architects, SDETs, developers and testers in their squads
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at the highest levels and team members, to perform business analysis and produce relevant acceptance criteria
- Highly Commercially aware and able to support Pre-Sales activities including a strong ability to present to a diverse audience
- Ability to design and write exceptional quality, re-usable object-oriented code
- To work collaboratively in multi-disciplinary teams to deliver software development projects
- To be an expert in Agile development practices including ATDD, TDD & BDD and their application
- Expert in planning successful test automation implementations
- Organise and own any technical workshops and resulting outputs
- Delivery of quality data and metrics
- Has a continuous improvement mindset based on data and results
- Provide continuous feedback on the product and process as required by the team
- Proactively form part of R&D initiatives, including independent work on specific problems and opportunities
Obligatory Skills and Experience
- Knows how to develop others and get the best out of people
- Python, C#
- Thought Leader in test automation tooling such as Cucumber, Mocha,
- Selenium, Appium and Cypress.
- Exceptional knowledge of HTML, CSS, HTTP and API development
- Expert in API testing programmatically/ via a tool (JMeter, Postman, SoapUI)
- Expert knowledge in databases, SQL, PL-SQL
- Expert in major browsers and browser development tools
- Expert in major mobile app automation and tools
- Expert knowledge in manual testing techniques, processes and procedures
- Expert knowledge of version control systems to ensure version control of
- test/development artifacts
- Expert knowledge in application of automation on cloud platforms
- Expert knowledge on test management tools e.g. Zephyr, HP ALM or the like
- Expert knowledge of a CI system to create builds. (Azure DevOps Pipelines)
- Performance Testing application an ability to guide team
- ISTQB certification
- Proven level experience in a similar role
- Proven track record of managing multiple teams
- Ability to apply structured and unstructured testing principles
- Relevant degree level (or equivalent experience) qualification
- Superb communications skills with proven experience engaging a wide
- range of stakeholders
- An eye for innovation coupled with a pragmatic approach to delivery within
- a large multisite team
- This position will absolutely require a self-starter who can lead by example
- and hit the ground running
- Exceptional attention to detail with an ability to prioritise workloads and
- deliver to tight deadlines
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Experience delivering of end-to-end Integrated environments
- ITIL Foundation Certificate v3 or later
- IT Architecture experience
- Security Testing exposure
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.