If you're looking for your new, bigger and better job opportunity as a Senior Data Scientist, you've come to the right place. Rather than just going into detail about what you'll be doing and what we're looking for (which we’ll cover further on), we know it's just as important to find out about the community you'll be joining, the work you’ll get up to and most importantly, how we have fun.
** Please note, as is the nature of a Consulting organisation, our recruiting demands often change. Due to this, we are nimble in our recruiting approach and may not always have active career opportunities for your specific skill set. Our recruiting team will be in touch regardless to advise of opportunities within REPL Group.
Your new role:
- Data analysis using either an exploratory or hypothesis driven approaches
- Predictive modelling using machine learning techniques such as generalised linear models and Bayesian inference, and Deep Learning
- Work side-by-side with clients to provide bespoke data science consultations
- Contribute to the development, and ongoing improvement of our in house platforms
- Provide data science expertise and support as required to the wider organisation
Where can my career go?
We care about your career, so at REPL you will have the opportunity to learn on the job. We offer a remarkable range of training opportunities, so by joining us as a Data Scientist, there are opportunities to become an expert in your area of specialism or broader in the world of Data Science across our delivery practices & within Accenture. Not sure how this fits in? Talk to us about this in your first stage interview. The opportunities are endless as your growth is up to you, supported by your Line Manager.
What we’re looking for:
Strong related academic background i.e. Masters level degree in numerate subject, preferably data science
- Theoretical knowledge of classical statistical methods, bayesian learning, and neural networks, and its application to machine learning techniques
- Strong Python/R experience
- Demonstrable experience with RStudio or Jupyter notebooks
- Keen to utilise up-to-date software development practices
- Good communications skills, verbal and written
- Self-starter, happy to work alone or as part of a team
- Willing to occasionally work off-site at supplier or customer sites
It would also be great if you had / a desire to learn about:
- Experience within retail
- Experience with Tensor Flow
- Experience of Hadoop
- Experience with high level software language such as Scala, Java or C#
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Experience of utilising a continuous integration approach to software development
- Experience of software containers e.g. Docker
- Comfortable working with different data science tools
At REPL, we don’t just facilitate diversity and inclusion, we celebrate and endorse it. Our people are at the heart of the company, and by promoting an open and collaborative environment, we’re able to provide an inclusive and uplifting environment for all our teams, whilst continuing to deliver above and beyond for our clients. From our Employee Engagement and Wellbeing groups to Pride, EDI and Women in Tech, celebrating employee individuality is at the forefront of our culture. As such, we particularly encourage applicants from a diverse range of backgrounds.
On top of our super fun list of job perks, REPL Group prides itself on being a family-first, family friendly work environment. We offer enhanced maternity, paternity, parental leave and flexible working to ensure that work-life balance.