Security Architect Manager
Location: Midrand, South Africa
Accenture is a leading global professional services company that helps the world’s leading businesses, governments and other organizations build their digital core, optimize their operations, accelerate revenue growth and enhance public services—creating tangible value at speed and scale. We are a talent and innovation led company with 738,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries. Technology is at the core of change today, and we are one of the world’s leaders in helping drive that change, with strong ecosystem relationships. We combine our strength in technology with unmatched industry experience, functional expertise and global delivery capability.
We are uniquely able to deliver tangible outcomes through our broad range of services, solutions and assets across Strategy & Consulting, Technology, Operations, Industry X and Accenture Song. These capabilities, together with our culture of shared success and commitment to creating 360° value, enable us to help our clients succeed and build trusted, lasting relationships. We measure our success by the 360° value we create for our clients, each other, our shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
About Service Unit:
Accenture Song is the leading digital transformation agency in the world that can deliver true end-to-end digital services.
Accenture Song is one of the most innovative and fastest growing teams at Accenture. Combining the feel of a start-up and the advantages of being a global player, Accenture Song truly has a diverse and multi-talented team. We are now strengthening our highly skilled team and are looking for people with management and technical expertise, and eagerness to develop and deliver digital solutions and transformation.
Are you ready to be part of a transformational journey that will reshape the digital landscape of Africa? A leading Pan-African telecommunications company is launching a groundbreaking Software Engineering Centre of Excellence (COE); dedicated to building future-focused digital products designed to empower and revolutionize the continent. This is your opportunity to join an innovative team at the forefront of technological advancement, as we accelerate towards a brighter, more connected future for Africa.
We are looking for a talented Security Architect who will play a crucial role in providing technical security advice and guidance, with a primary focus on our clients operations in South Africa and Africa. Your expertise will be essential in safeguarding their systems and guiding them towards security best practices.
- Providing security advice, requirements, and guidance to the business during the delivery of new systems or updates to existing ones, ensuring that security is integrated into the development process from the outset.
- Performing security-focused risk assessments on new systems, services, and changes to existing systems to ensure they align with the risk tolerance levels.
- Collaborating with the business to review system designs and ensure they adhere to existing security principles, patterns, standards, and best practices.
- Working closely with the business to define, document, and implement core security patterns, standards, and guidelines.
- Reviewing current security processes within your area of responsibility, identifying opportunities for optimization and improved coverage.
- Serving as the initial security point of contact for your region, routing inquiries to the appropriate teams as needed.
- Collaborating with the wider security architecture team to ensure a standardized approach to security is established and followed.
- Working alongside IT teams to ensure that the correct security controls and measures are in place before implementation.
Skills and Experience:
- 7 – 10 relevant years experience
- Ability to review solution designs, recognize security concerns, and work with vendors to understand mitigations and make recommendations.
- Pragmatic approach to assessing security risks versus business benefits.
- Ability to support the business in the delivery of security requirements.
- Understanding of Threat Modelling frameworks and implementation (e.g., STRIDE).
- Excellent communication skills to represent both the business to security and security to the business, emphasizing the importance of security in designs.
- Ability to deconstruct complex environments and navigate conflicting project requirements.
- Prior experience working in Information Security and as a Security Architect is essential.
- Experience in creating security artefacts is preferred.
The team will be based in Johannesburg, Gauteng-South Africa; following a hybrid working model.
Why join us?
· We are a top employer in South Africa with certified excellence in employee conditions
· We offer a transparent, fast paced approach career progression, with a focus on your strengths and continuous coaching from senior colleagues
· You will benefit from working alongside Accenture experts who are solving some of the biggest industry challenges with innovative thinking and pioneering tools
· Flexible work arrangements and a range of benefits including competitive rewards
· You will have access to state-of-the-art technology that will give you the opportunity to deepen your existing skills even as you help create the latest business trends
· You will also have opportunities to make a difference to the communities in which we work and live
If this sounds like the ideal role, career and company for you, click below to apply.
To learn more about life @AccentureSouthAfrica, follow us on social media and keep up with our latest news.
Accenture South Africa: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube