Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 477,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
About Accenture Research
Accenture Research shapes trends and creates data-driven insights about the most pressing issues global organizations face. Combining the influence of innovative research techniques with a deep understanding of our clients’ industries, our team of 300 researchers and analysts – including more than 50 in North America alone - spans 20 countries and publishes hundreds of reports, articles and points of view every year. Our thought-provoking research – supported by proprietary data and partnerships with leading organizations such as MIT and Singularity – guides our innovation and allows us to transform theories and fresh ideas into real-world solutions for our clients. Visit us at www.accenture.com/research and follow us on https://twitter.com/AccentureRSRCH
About the Role
We are opening a new position for a Technology Research Manager in the US to help shape and deliver technology research and thought leadership agenda.
We are looking for someone who has comprehensive business research and thought leadership skills and is able to investigate and appreciate a constantly changing Information Technology (IT) Services and Software Industry landscape. Good understanding of IT Services and Software industry with strong secondary research background. It is preferable that the individual has knowledge of two or more core segments of the industry and a strong interest in others, for example: IT Application Services, Cloud and Infrastructure services, SaaS Platform services, Cyber and Application Security, Emerging technologies (AI, XR/VR, IOT/Edge, Blockchain, quantum, etc), etc
The individual will provide research activities in support of the technology research and thought leadership program the team is responsible for delivering. The individual will develop an understanding of major segment trends, market size and competitors. The individual will help source and analyze data; conduct literature reviews and synthesize secondary research; draft reports and presentations of findings; and support the dissemination of research findings. The role requires strong analytical, research, and writing skills.
- Supporting senior researchers and colleagues at all stages of a project:
- Scope and define research project requirements, as well as set stakeholder expectations for research deliverables.
- Assemble data from multiple sources and conduct high-quality analysis with a significant degree of autonomy.
- Create high-quality PowerPoint slides and briefing material for speeches and presentations by Accenture leadership.
- Support the transfer of thought leadership and research capabilities within immediate team and identify opportunities for skills building.
- Developing own set of expertise and embracing innovation in our research methods
- Develop own “brand” as a highly skilled researcher on issues relevant to Accenture’s business agenda and strategy.
- Develop own network of contacts internally and externally to raise personal as well as Accenture Research visibility.
- Be an Innovation Agent by embrace innovation and transfer it to Accenture Research methods and culture.
- Working with Practice teams and presenting research findings internally and externally
- Present findings of your work and/or be ready to answer specific questions as part of client’s conversation.
- Work together with client teams to develop research findings at business development stages as well as client proposals or engagements.
This role is based in United States and will report to a senior research lead.
- Minimum of 7+ years of business research experience in the IT services topics, preferably in a consulting environment, IT services/products industry research/analyst, IT services/products Industry-related organization, or demonstrated equivalent skill
- Unless expressly indicated, this role is not open in the state of Colorado.
- We are looking for someone who has the following core skill sets:
- Issue-based problem solving and structured communication skills: We want researchers who can identify key issues and, in a logical, structured manner, use these issues to drive their efforts. We also expect individuals to draw out the implications of the research they conduct and tell a compelling, business-focused story about the data that is relevant to Accenture’s business and clients. We are looking for insights, not just information.
- Research skills: We expect researchers to be able to take an issue and turn it into a researchable question, adeptly scope the research effort, and expertly use most (but not necessarily all) research techniques such as secondary database searching, company analysis, market analysis, strategic analysis frameworks, interview-based research and financial analysis. Researchers must also be detail-oriented and follow quality assurance procedures.
- Business acumen: Individuals must possess a fundamental understanding of micro and macroeconomic drivers that influence industry opportunities and ability to use strategic frameworks (e.g., Porter’s five forces, 4 Ps, 3 Cs) to analyze market conditions, competitive landscape and individual company performance.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Comprehensive business research and thought leadership skills and is able to investigate and appreciate a constantly changing Information Technology (IT) Services and Software Industry landscape. Good understanding of IT Services and Software industry with strong secondary research background. It is preferable that the individual has knowledge of two or more core segments of the industry and a strong interest in others, for example: IT Application Services, Cloud and Infrastructure services, SaaS Platform services, Cyber and Application Security, Emerging technologies (AI, XR/VR, IOT/Edge, Blockchain, quantum, etc), etc
- Awareness of external Subject Matter Experts, information providers/brokers/sources is required, and membership in a professional society would be a plus.
- Authored external publications in IT Services/technology topics
- Awareness of specific technology topics in IT services industry.
- Work experience collaborating in a team of research professionals, coaching of team members would be a plus.
- Working with senior leadership sponsors, who are the high end users of the research output.
- Experience of writing reports, and presentation slides for delivery to internal and external audience
- Experience with alternative modes of research delivery/data visualization tools also a plus (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI etc.)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel; PowerPoint, Power BI, i.e., charting)
- Strong PowerPoint, Excel, Power BI, and Word skills; knowledge of visualization tools is a plus
- Solid experience in secondary/business research, information retrieval methods, insight generation and thought leadership
- Solid experience in packaging, synthesizing and presenting research deliverables
- Technical, and analytical expertise.
- Critical thinking skills (ability to quickly grasp complex and unfamiliar subjects, willingness and desire to challenge the team’s current thinking and help take it to the next level)
- Familiarity with market sizing, competitive analysis/intelligence and trend analysis
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize/delegate appropriately and effectively
- Ability to synthesize and deliver outputs on time, to spec, and with original insights
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize fragmented information from multiple sources into a coherent summary, and to develop structured communications
- Strong written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required; additional language skills are also valued
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
Applicants for employment in the US must have work authorization that does not now or in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the United States and with Accenture.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accenture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that no one should be discriminated against because of their differences, such as age, disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity and expression, religion or sexual orientation. Our rich diversity makes us more innovative, more competitive and more creative, which helps us better serve our clients and our communities.
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
For details, view a copy of the Accenture Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Policy Statement
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009, send us an email or speak with your recruiter.
Other Employment Statements
Candidates who are currently employed by a client of Accenture or an affiliated Accenture business may not be eligible for consideration.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
LocationsCA - San Francisco,GA - Atlanta,IL - Chicago,MA - Boston,NY - New York
USA MA - Boston
Accenture Research Analyst Summer Internship - Generalist -- Boston
Research & Innovation
Posted 1 day ago
USA CA - San Francisco
Accenture Labs Engagement Associate Manager
Research & Innovation
Posted 12 days ago
Data Strategy Manager
Research & Innovation
Posted 15 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.