Organization: Accenture Strategy - Sustainability
Location: San Francisco, New York
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 401,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Managing environmental, social and governance challenges in a digital world creates new C-level priorities. Leaders must run resource-efficient supply chains and connect with customers more effectively than ever before. Navigating these and other complex sustainability issues can be a daunting challenge – and Accenture Strategy helps by shaping our clients’ future, combining deep business insight with the understanding of how technology will impact industries and business models.
Strategy professionals apply deep strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills, influence through insight and partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues. Provide deep understanding of our clients’ industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
Through Sustainability Strategy, a dedicated business within Accenture Strategy, we help clients identify new areas for growth, new ways to increase efficiency and reduce costs and new means to build trust and reputation. By focusing on sustainability as a means for value creation, we help business leaders build trust and transparency, and create competitive advantage.
We are in a critical phase of business growth, and seek a Manager to strengthen our North America Sustainability Strategy team. Managers work directly with the world’s leading businesses in business-critical engagements and are responsible for driving the thinking and rigorous analysis that contributes to successful strategy consulting projects. Managers take responsibility for key projects and supervise junior colleagues. Managers publish thought leadership, and support the development of Accenture’s sustainability points of view and intellectual and commercial assets.
The Manager role will help Sustainability Strategy grow and drive client impact, focused in our four offerings:
· Sustainable value
· Circular economy and resource effectiveness
· Trust, transparency and traceability
· Digital trust and responsibility
Sustainability professionals develop strategies that help clients positively impact the environment and the social community in which they exist while improving long-term business value. Provide deep expertise in key sustainability value levers, knowledge of the client's core businesses and value chain, and an ability to guide and measure sustainability programs to ensure tangible performance benefits are realized.
A professional at this position level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Identifies, assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Closely follows the strategic direction set by senior management when establishing near term goals.
- Interacts with senior management at a client and/or within Accenture on matters where they may need to gain acceptance on an alternate approach.
- Has some latitude in decision-making. Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments
- Decisions have a major day to day impact on area of responsibility.
- Manages large - medium sized teams and/or work efforts (if in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Employees may work on client engagements across the US and internationally; therefore, geographic mobility is preferred
- Ability to meet travel requirements, up to 100%