At Fjord, Design Leadership drives creativity and innovation. Our Design Leadership invests itself in strengthening the relationships between our teams, our clients, our work, and the people who use our products and services every day. We believe Design Leadership should empower design teams, providing guidance, provoking thought, and removing barriers so that all members can reach their full potential. In doing so, our design leaders inspire teams and clients to push beyond boundaries and achieve our shared goals. If your strengths revolve around bringing out the best in others, we encourage you to join our Design Leadership team.
As a Design Director you’ll drive the development of our design practice, helping our design team to grow and develop their skills and capabilities. You’ll be responsible for coordinating multidisciplinary design teams to create ideal solutions for our clients. You will be an important part of our senior leadership in design, and we will look to you to be actively part of business development, and develop relationships with clients, as well as inspire the team and be part of building and maintaining our culture. You’ll manage Design Leads, collaborate with primary partners, and work with program leadership to plan future projects.
- Drive design quality, practice development, and the delivery of our offers to market.
- Lead points of view, business development activities and relationship management across one to two key clients.
- Understand the market and engage with our clients and the industry about our content, craft, and trends.
- Own design output across a number of projects, providing directional oversight and ensuring each project deliverable is of the highest quality.
- Assess performance and provide career guidance and performance decisions for members of the studio team.
- Develop pitch stories and project approaches that lead to exciting, inspiring, and well-shaped work for our Design team.
- Cultivate relationships with new and existing clients.
- Contribute to the leadership of our Design practice in the Nordics by leading strategic initiatives, sales, or team engagement workstreams.
What we offer
- Highly innovative and talented colleagues with a 50:50 gender mix and over 20 nationalities alone in our Stockholm studio
- Impactful work for some of the most well-known brands in the world
- Diverse project teams with flat hierarchies and a tight collaboration from start to finish
- An office space with a physical prototyping lab, a silent library, swings, yoga classes, many private hideaway spots, spacious workshop and communal areas, table football/pingpong/VR/etc for the after-works, the best coffee in town with barista training... (yes, we’re proud!)
- Learning and training activities throughout the year as well a Curious George allowance to improve your broader skills and pursue new interests
- Opportunities to work on project with other Fjord Studios worldwide
- The possibility to travel within projects and to conferences
- Competitive salary package (including pension, gym allowance and private health insurance)
- Flexible work from home or studio approach
Fjord is part of Accenture Interactive. We design, build, communicate and run experiences that improve the quality and equality of human lives. Our living culture and borderless playground provide us with space to thrive, following simple core values that inform everything we do. Be adventurous. Bring a vision. Make an impact. Rely on empathy. Nurture collaboration. Stay transparent. Be bold and generous in all you do.
- Comfortable with engaging people on a deep level, whether that is observing customers, working with team members, or collaborating with clients
- A visual and verbal storyteller, delivering insights about people and behaviour in a way that generates insight, empathy and engagement from the client and design team
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a fluid and dynamic organisation
- Ready to collaborate on products and services that change the way our clients do business, at scale, working as one team across Accenture Interactive
- Passionate about creating experiences through research, analytics, design and delivery
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a design subject area; a master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience of design across varied users, business problems, and devices.
- Proven history of managing cross-functional teams to create a powerful, effective, and coherent design solution
- Knowledge of and experience with applying user-centered design processes.
- Ability to create experience maps, user journeys and service blueprints, interaction models, flows, and wireframes.
- Familiarity with rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototypes.
- Ability to learn new software quickly; experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Axure, Confluence, or JIRA is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.