- What are the biggest areas of uncertainty? Potential threats and opportunities?
- Are your leaders aligned on scenarios and parameters to model?
- How quickly can you deploy a multidisciplinary team with the skills and experience to do this? Will the team be able to address enterprise-wide modeling needs at pace with changing business variables?
- Are your disparate planning systems—supply chain, sales, finance, workforce, etc.—able to “talk to each other” and share data uniformly and consistently?
- Are you modelling scenarios that touch your tier-two and tier-three suppliers in addition to tier one?
The war in Ukraine: Four areas of focus for finance and risk
May 27, 2022 10-MINUTE READ
Russia and Ukraine are vital world suppliers
of sunflower seed oil
What this means for profitability
Note: Stagflation refers to the combination of sluggish growth twinned with high inflation. We consider the average of the UK, Germany and France. E = expected. PP = percentage point
Four areas of focus
1. Scenario planning
Remember: Good scenario planning isn’t a one-and-done exercise. It’s ongoing and iterative.
2. Operational risk
Hackers are increasingly fueled by ideology, rather than traditional financial motives, which makes it that much harder to predict targets. 16
3. Cost reduction
Quickly cutting general costs is a playbook move in a crisis, and this situation is no exception.
4. Divestment decisions
The approximate number of global companies that have announced full or partial withdrawal from Russia. 18
Eye on growth
Visit our Subscription and Preference Center