Zag is a name synonymous with excellence...with pushing the boundaries of what's possible...for getting outside our comfort zone. We're a New Zealand success story with proven ability to diversify from our core and to expand geographically, having a business presence in 3 countries across 2 continents. We've been around for 25 years and have a long-held reputation for delivering time and time again to a standard rarely seen in the market.
We live and breathe IT and have, at last count, four key consulting areas we specialise in: SAP, Spatial, Cloud Infrastructure and Product Development,
We've been involved in Spatial for around 2 years - so its still fairly new for us. With all things that are new, there is energy and excitement around what we're doing....it feels shiny and fresh and opportunities loom tall around us.
With all of the above in mind, we're looking for a Senior Developer or Architect who is highly experienced in GIS (specifically Esri) and who is happy to wear many different hats and span a variety of things. You're someone who's happy to do 'everything' - which means, you've likely already done everything and now have a really broad base of experience. So, yes, we feel like a start-up - but without the usual business risk and uncertainty that comes when you're starting something up and competing with established companies. Zag is a financially strong company with a proven history of going head to head with other companies and quickly establishing themselves with a strong point of difference in fiercely competitive markets. And then becoming the benchmark in those markets.
We're looking for someone who has been there/done that in terms of their experience and who is still willing to be hands on. You'll be working in a pre-sales capacity to influence prospective customers and, given this, you'll be someone who enjoys building relationships with prospective customers and who is able to provoke and articulate the commercial value of Spatial solutions in a variety of industries and market segments. You will be able to design GIS solutions and will also have maintained your hands-on spatial programming capability and GIS analysis skills.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Gather client requirements and translate client requirements into high-level solutions for further consultation.
- Provide consulting services on Esri technology.
- Consult directly with Zag client managers and technical resources in the implementing of Esri solutions.
- Through interfacing and discussions with differing levels of clients, capture customer requirements and present the relevant technical solution at customer visits, presentations and other follow up meetings and workshops.
- Assist other Zag teams with questions & issues deploying & integrating Esri product suite.
- Review project requirements and recommend appropriate hardware and/or software configurations.
- Configure, troubleshoot and performance tune ArcGIS for Server-based Enterprise GIS Solutions (Installs, Upgrades and Testing done by the other Zag teams).
- Perform software and hardware planning, licensing, acquisition and maintenance.
- Participate in spatial design and troubleshooting discussions with clients and teammates via in-person meetings, site visits, phone calls, video conference sessions and e-mail.
- Explain technical issues and solutions to audiences of widely varying technical abilities.
- Support the writing of user and administrator documentation, release notes and training materials.
- Write technical portions of project proposals.
- Prepare customer and industry presentations.
- Design and implement Backup, Network Security and Disaster Recovery strategies with other Zag teams.
- Take ownership of Zag’s (future) internal cloud-based virtual server (and workstation) infrastructure and ensure that it is kept up to date, secure and correctly licensed. Advise clients on similar issues.
- With guidance from Head of Spatial Services evaluate new/emerging technologies and how they might be of use to Zag and Zag's clients.
- Establish and maintain strong, healthy professional relationships with clients, partners and affiliates and with Zag teammates across all Zag offices.
- Report progress to clients, Head of Spatial Services and when assigned to a Zag project the appropriate coordinator or project manager.
- Achieve project budgets and schedules and help maximize company success, reputation and profitability.
- Perform related duties (e.g. GIS analysis/analytics) as assigned.
Key Skills & Capabilities
- A relevant tertiary qualification/industry certification or equivalent work experience and
- At least 10 years’ experience in the spatial sector and
- At least 5 years’ experience with planning and managing a GIS infrastructure and
- At least 5 years’ experience of software & data solutions (ICT/GIS) architecture and
- At least 5 years’ experience with Enterprise Geodatabases.
- Strong knowledge of Esri / ArcGIS software (Desktop and Server technologies) including configuration, optimization and creation of Esri service types.
- Experience with design, integration and implementation of ArcGIS for Server-based enterprise GIS solutions.
- Experience with consulting, advisory and onsite delivery with significant interaction with clients.
- Experience on networking, security, server, desktop and handheld support, enterprise applications, web applications and desktop development.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and willingness to support creating detailed documentation (architecture, troubleshooting, procedures, specifications, proposals etc).
- Excellent presentation and customer-facing skills and professional appearance.
- Experience in configuring/implementing/customizing GIS web viewers/builders.
- Experience with Cloud and/or Virtualisation implementation, optimization and management.
- Experience in administering/configuring/implementing/customizing Portal for ArcGIS and ArcGIS Online.
- DBA experience with relational and/or in-memory databases.
- Moderate proficiency with scripting languages (like Python and ArcPy) and ETL frameworks (like FME and ArcGIS Data Interoperability).
We look forward to you applying!
To be considered for this position, you must come from a strong background
developing Esri solutions.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
At Accenture, our philosophy is anchored in recognising that our people are multi-dimensional. We take an intersectional human approach to create a work environment where all people feel like they can bring their authentic selves to work, every day.
We believe that equality drives innovation. Our commitment to accelerating equality starts at the top with our board and CEO and extends across every part of the company. This comes to life when our people own the equality agenda, making it part of their jobs – every decision, every day – and feel free to speak up and to act.
We do not tolerate discrimination because of differences, such as age, ability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, religion, or sexual orientation. We want a workplace that is inclusive and diverse to that end we are setting bold goals and taking comprehensive action. To achieve these goals, we collect information that allows us to track the effectiveness of our Inclusion and Diversity programs.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE/CRM Functional Lead
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
Expressions of Interest - Microsoft Practice (AU and NZ)
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 24 days ago
New Zealand Auckland
Microsoft ERP Supply Chain Business Analyst
Business & Technology Integration
Posted more than 1 month ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn More About Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.