Accenture Strategy & Consulting is looking for an experienced sustainability strategy consultant to join our Sustainability Strategy team to our Nordic offices. As a sustainability consultant you will be working directly with the world’s leading businesses in managing environmental, social and governance challenges in a digital world. You are expected to apply deep strategy development, influence through insights and analytics, and partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-suite issues. You will be part of our global Sustainability Strategy team, where you will get the chance to help clients identify new areas for growth, new ways to increase efficiency and reduce costs and new means to build trust and reputation. By focusing on sustainability as a means for value creation, we help business leaders build trust and transparency, and create competitive advantage. In your role as a consultant, you take responsibility for key projects and supervise junior colleagues.
About Sustainability Strategy
We are a global practice within Accenture Strategy & Consulting, working closely with clients and ecosystem partners top help transition industries to low-carbon energy; design and deliver net-zero circular supply chains and reduce the carbon footprint of IT, cloud and software.
Through deep industry expertise, analytics and insights, we empower clients to survive and thrive in the new, the now and the unknown. To stay agile in a world dominated by change, the C-suite must keep the core business running while simultaneously identifying and investing in the new. Accenture Strategy & Consulting enables leaders to act quickly and confidently as they pivot to the future. Known for our ability to execute at speed, we help clients determine clear, actionable paths to competitive agility by bringing them new thinking on business and technology.
Managing environmental, social and governance challenges in a digital world creates new C-level priorities. Leaders must run resource-efficient supply chains and connect with customers more effectively than ever before. Navigating these and other complex sustainability issues can be a daunting challenge – and Sustainability Strategy helps by shaping our clients’ future, combining deep business insight with the understanding of how technology will impact industries and business models.
Strategy professionals apply deep strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills, influence through insight and partner with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues. Provide deep understanding of our clients’ industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
Through Sustainability Strategy, we help clients identify new areas for growth, new ways to increase efficiency and reduce costs and new means to build trust and reputation. By focusing on sustainability as a means for value creation, we help business leaders build trust and transparency, and create competitive advantage.
The Consultant role will help Sustainability Strategy grow and drive client impact, focused in our offering areas, which include:
- Circular economy and resource effectiveness
- Responsible Value Chain
- Sustainability Measurement
- Sustainable Technologies
- Sustainable Organization, Leadership & Learning
For more information on our offerings, please visit: https://www.accenture.com/gb-en/service-consulting-sustainability-overview-summary
Sustainability professionals develop strategies that help clients positively impact the environment and the social community in which they exist while improving long-term business value. Provide deep expertise in key sustainability value levers, knowledge of the client's core businesses and value chain, and an ability to guide and measure sustainability programs to ensure tangible performance benefits are realized.
You are passionate about working in a transparent environment and believe that diversity drives innovation. You feel highly motivated to own the future of sustainability together with our clients, and you have the ability to craft, sell and deliver programs. You are a true team player and want to be part of an organization that strives to make a difference by innovating with a purpose.
Here's what you need
- Minimum of 2 years of Sustainability experience in a professional services organization cross-industry
- Minimum of 2 years of Strategy Consulting experience in Strategy Consulting at a consulting firm or equivalent in an internal consulting role
- You are used to collaborating in diverse project teams, bringing the sustainability aspect, and can work creatively in a problem-solving environment.
- In your area(s) of skills and experience, you can demonstrate relevant sustainability delivery experience, such as bringing in innovative tools, frameworks and new ways of working for client value creation.
- You are comfortable with written and oral presentations in English, conducting interviews, facilitating workshops and presenting analysis findings and recommendations to our client’s leadership teams.
- You are able to identify and pursue new business opportunities by teaming up with Managers/Senior Managers, and lead and contribute to proposal work to build a pipeline of relevant client work for the sustainability practice.
- You have experience working in one or more of the following areas: net zero carbon industry transitions, responsible supply chain, circular economy, sustainable technologies, sustainability measurement & analytics, sustainable organization & leadership and have a solid knowledge of leading practice sustainability processes.
- You have a Master’s degree in a relevant field, e.g. Engineering or Business.
- You can meet Accenture and Client travel requirements.
Bonus Points If:
- Proven success in consulting with significant engagement delivery experience
- Strong knowledge of applying Digital Technologies
- Publications in relevant topics that demonstrate thought leadership in digital or sustainability topics
Join Accenture Sustainability Strategy to drive change for a sustainable future and make delivering innovative work part of your outstanding career.
All our advising professionals receive comprehensive training covering business sense, technical and professional skills development. You will also have opportunities to improve your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to advance your career
Interested? Make your move - apply online and attach a CV and a letter of application in English. We look forward to receiving your application!
Accenture welcomes and encourages applications from diverse backgrounds related to gender, age, ethnicity, culture, race, religion and belief, disability, nationality, sexual orientation and gender identity. Inclusion and diversity are fundamental to our culture and core values, providing an environment where everyone brings distinct experience, talent and culture to their work. We invite you to be part of this diversity!
Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries, we offer Strategy and Consulting, Interactive, Technology and Operations services—all powered by the world’s largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 506,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at www.accenture.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 500,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.