The Creative Technologist is a critical role that helps to bring life to our design work, as quickly and tangibly as possible, with an early understanding on feasibility and technical implications.
Design prototyping is not a new function in our sector, however few companies have successfully and consistently integrated this role into the standard design offering. Accenture Interactive is committed to doing so, and to illustrating the enormous value of prototyping as an integral and regular step in the process of conceptualizing, refining and finalizing a designed service or product.
The Creative Technologist is a member of a larger team that includes interaction- and visual designers, program managers, engineers and business analysts. Candidates should have an appreciation and understanding of design.
Ideally, we expect a successful Creative Technologist candidate to have at least 3+ years of development experience within an integrated team of designers and having delivered tangible and functional solutions to clients. The candidate must thrive working in a fast paced, collaborative, team environment.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Responsible for the quality and robustness of technical deliverables on each project.
- Be a hands-on technology resource, shaping the concept and seeing it through to detailed design and implementation across a variety of devices and platforms.
- Be an active member of the design team, contributing to every phase of the project with prototyping, technical innovation, validation, and turning prototypes into reality.
- Have an inquisitive interest in the latest development techniques and libraries.
- Experience of constructing and developing on a technology stack that meets the needs of rapid prototyping, whilst also serving as the foundation for future development.
- Demonstrate the value of prototyping as an integral and regular step in the design process of conceptualizing, refining, and finalizing an inventive solution, service or product.
- Be comfortable with driving innovation from a technical point of view, pushing the boundaries of complex services and solutions that are simple, relevant, and human-centred.
- Keep up to speed with new technology market trends.
- Support the balance the client’s business objectives, and technical feasibility constraints whilst meeting the user experience objectives of the project. Be prepared to challenge requirements.
- Develop rich, fluid, and polished experiences that will showcase industry-leading design.
- Be an expert on emerging technology & trends, and help others understand potential pitfalls and opportunities.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues, clients, and key stakeholders.
- Work in partnership with the Project Lead to issue regular status reports and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Identify and alert the Project Lead to potential risks, and work with them to manage changes in scope and devise contingency plans.
- Define quality control requirements. Produce lean technical specification and API documentation.
- Develop functional pilots to test in market and gather insights.
- Take an active role in team activities, including design critique sessions, best practice initiatives, and social activities.
- Constantly push forward into new technologies to broaden your knowledge.
- Expert in user experience and design best practices across multiple platforms and can use this knowledge to inform and elevate the design process.
- Engage with experts and thought leaders across technology disciplines to gain knowledge to drive innovative services.
- Work closely with project development team to ensure successful execution of the design vision.
- Spread your passion for technology and how it can improve our lives to others in the studio.
- Constantly push the boundaries and redefine what is possible with technology