Job Title: The Dock – Cloud & DevOps Lead
Overview of the Dock
The Dock is Accenture’s global centre for Innovation; it is a living, breathing innovation hub as an accelerator to help Accenture and its clients unlock value by design.
Our design-led, multidiscipline team will research, incubate and pilot new and emerging digital technologies. Opportunities will focus on building the future in real time, partnering with clients across multiple industries and bringing together distinct skillsets to create true acceleration at scale.
Operating across all stages of the innovation spectrum, the working environment will be open and interactive; an experimentation culture combined with a disruptive brief will ensure that together we make major societal impacts.
Join us on this journey and be part of creating, building and influencing the Dock’s future. We are looking for the people who are:
- Motivated by open ended problems
- Passionate about reshaping the future
- Driven by embracing the unknown
What are we looking for?
· We need someone who has broad Cloud & DevSecOps knowledge and a clear view of the industry trends.
· We need someone who can maintain best practices within the team, using design patterns and principles, following agile processes effectively and leading the team deliver high quality of code.
· We need someone who understand the perspectives of application engineers, data scientists and be able to choose the right technology and approach rather than constraining yourself to addressing everything with a single technology stack.
· We need someone who is highly collaborative, open and has a strong interest in new and emerging technologies.
· We need someone who is passionate about Iterative Development and Continuous Improvement.
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
· Take end to end ownership for some aspects of the cloud architecture and ensuring that the implementation decisions align with architectural design.
· Work with domain lead to define and maintain best practices, technical roadmaps, processes.
· Planning and estimating within your areas of responsibility.
· Providing guidance and mentoring to team members.
· Work with domain lead to identify and apply the tools and processes that enable software development.
· Exploring and setting up initial infrastructure.
The successful candidate will have a deep understanding of the SDLC with a heavy focus on automation and the various points at which development could be improved by better tools, automation, or process improvement, and metrics that can be gathered to improve software development.
· 2+ years of experience helping lead a DevOps team to design, implement and maintain Microsoft Azure or AWS hosted infrastructures based on microservices and serverless architecture with agile development.
· 2+ years of experience helping define Cloud & DevSecOps strategies and best practices.
· 4+ years of experience of various cloud services (compute, storage, databases etc.) associated security best practices.
· 4+ years of experienced managing, setting up, and provisioning applications in Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (using tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Azure DevOps etc.)
· 3+ years of experience of container orchestration tools and workflows (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes, ECS, EKS etc.)
· Deep understanding of infrastructure as code, 2+ years of experience with configuration and process automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Packer etc.
· 4+ years of experience setting up Git repositories for projects, managing multiple project workflows, and troubleshooting complex issues with Git.
· 4+ years of experience with cloud security, security compliance and pair programming.
· Deep knowledge of network and cloud best practices.
· Ability to make technical & process decisions by following best practices.
· Ability to make roadmap and sprint plans with reasonable estimation.
· Clear view of Cloud and DevSecOps industry trends.
· Ability to prioritise and work on multi-tasks.
· Good people development, communication and documentation skills.
· Ability to provide hands on trouble shooting, guidance and best practices.
· Strong knowledge of cloud architecture, experience in defining one or more following architecture aspects: Availability, Maintainability, Operability, Scalability and Security.
· Experience setting up and managing cloud based DevOps and quality tools/services such as Jenkins, GitLab, SonarQube, Azure DevOps, AWS CodePipeline etc.
· Bachelor’s Degree. Major in computer science, engineering, technology, data science or business a plus.
· Vendor certifications (AWS, Microsoft etc.) advantageous
Accenture is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions—underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network—Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 373,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at .
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, colour, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as applicable by law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.