Level: Senior Manager
Location: Calgary, Canada
Travel: 80% to 100% (typically Monday through Thursday)
Introduction to Accenture Strategy:
Join Accenture and help transform leading organizations and communities around the world. The sheer scale of our capabilities and client engagements and the way we collaborate, operate and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose Accenture, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
People in our Client & Market career track drive profitable growth by developing market-relevant insights to increase market share or create new markets. They progress through required promotion into market-facing roles that have a direct impact on sales.
The Resources Strategy Senior Manager applies deep business strategy development, architecting value and operating model architecture skills to influence client agendas through business insight. Partners with our clients to make bold decisions on priority C-Suite issues at the intersection of business, technology and operations. Provides deep understanding of our clients' industry landscape and business options in the context of global, economic, technology and social trends.
To succeed in today's fast-paced Energy (Oil & Gas) industry, clients must expect the unexpected and have the right blend of digital strength, marketplace differentiation and strategic operations. Accenture helps clients achieve all of that - and more. We live in a digital world where industries are colliding and the path to profitability is shifting, forcing resources and retailers to fundamentally change their business models. It is an era of change everywhere where digitization is ubiquitous, and happening at scale. Depending on growth from stores is an idea of the past. In the near future, all growth will come from digital or be influenced by it.
Strategy professionals help clients develop corporate strategies, make strategic M and A decisions, structure effective business and operating models, and transform their business all in an effort to grow their business while maintaining or reducing costs.
Business Strategy professionals help General Managers of Business Units with issues such as assessing business performance, instilling business simplification strategies, reinventing a broken business, and entering new markets for growth.
A professional at this level within Accenture has the following responsibilities:
- Provides solutions to complex business problems for areas(s) of responsibility where analysis of situations requires an in-depth knowledge of organizational objectives.
- Involved in setting strategic direction to establish near term goals for area of responsibility
- Interacts with senior management levels at a client and/or within Accenture, which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters.
- Has latitude in decision-making and determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Decisions have a lasting impact on area of responsibility with the potential to impact outside are of responsibility
- Manages large teams and/or work efforts (in in an individual contributor role) at a client or within Accenture.
- Master's Degree
- Minimum 5 years f Energy, Utilities, Mining industry experience
- Minimum 3 years of Strategy consulting experience from a Tier 1 consulting firm
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with the interception of Business and Technology (Operating Models, digital disrupting impacts)
- Clear view on elements of an Intelligent Enterprise comprises and the business benefits therefrom
- Practical knowledge and understanding of analytics role in the digital space and E2E strategy-through-execution cycle.
- Proven ability to build, manage and foster a team oriented environment
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Must have a high-level understanding on how ecosystems for into the digital world, and how the digital technology is changing business
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Ability to prioritize the issues and present solutions
- Ability to shape a value proposition
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement, Requesting an Accommodation, and Other Employment Statements
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Requesting An Accommodation
Accenture is committed to providing equal employment opportunities for persons with disabilities or religious observances, including reasonable accommodation when needed. If you are hired by Accenture and require accommodation to perform the essential functions of your role, you will be asked to participate in our reasonable accommodation process. Accommodations made to facilitate the recruiting process are not a guarantee of future or continued accommodations once hired.
If you would like to be considered for employment opportunities with Accenture and have accommodation needs such as for a disability or religious observance, please call us toll free at 1 (877) 889-9009 or send us an email.
Other Employment Statements
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
The Company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company's legal duty to furnish information.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.