Internal Finance background for a large company. Background in FS.
Overall accountability to lead and implement quality projects while meeting cost, schedule and scope. Responsible for projects with moderate budgets of up to $5 Million. Demonstrated Leadership skills.
The Project Manager has breadth and depth of understanding of multiple LOBs and is responsible for the creation of program/project deliverables on time and within budget. The Project Manager directs and coordinates team members including sub-project managers, business and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, vendors and external regulatory organizations. Project Manager has end to end accountability for the successful completion of the program/project.
Projects include launching new products and services, application development, systems integration, operational efficiency improvements, process reengineering, and infrastructure upgrades and deployments. The Project Manager:
- Holds the primary project relationship with the Accountable/ Technology Executive and/or Senior Project/Program manager as applicable.
- Ensures that a successful business and technology outcome is the prime measure of project success.
- Strong understanding of the line of business and is able to facilitate communication with other program/project managers and stakeholders efficiently and effectively.
- Directs, manages, and coordinates team members including other sub-project managers, and technology resources, user groups, internal and external consultants and contractors, as well as vendors and external regulatory organizations as well as managing closely with the business PM.
- To provide an enterprise-wide approach to identify, prioritize, and successfully execute the Technology portfolio of initiatives and projects that are aligned with BMO's strategic goals and vision.
- Directs complex projects often involving multiple internal and external constituents and matrix partners
- Typically exercises direct accountability for projects with up to 10 team members
- Works with people managers across business and T&O to ensure projects are staffed with the right mix of people who exhibit the required perspectives, skills and behaviors.
- Accountable party for defining, planning, orchestrating, and delivering assigned projects, including all business, operational and IT deliverables
- Directly manages all aspects of the project lifecycle and works with matrix business, corporate and IT partners to oversee all phases of the project, and to ensure that related project processes are completed as required (including, as applicable, change management, process management, transition to business/operations, system development, quality management, etc.)
- Within the context of the assigned project, responsible for building and sustaining the day-to-day relationships and communications (including project briefings) with stakeholders at various levels of the organization, including executive level, as well as other internal and external resources. Sustains and manages the relationship with the Accountable/ Technology Executive (and Program Manager, where applicable) throughout the duration of the project by providing sound advice, counsel and support
- Works with the Business PM and Accountable PM to ensures end results are of the highest caliber with a clearly articulated scope and quantifiable business benefit
- Provides thought leadership, motivation, coaching, mentoring and professional development for project teams in order to obtain a high level of co-operation and contribution from all project members
- Chairs regular core team and attends (to be agreed with Accountable PM ) key governance forums as needed and in consultation with the Accountable PM (if not the APM) (e.g. Steering Committees, Operating Committees, Decision Forums) to review progress with key constituents. Represents the interests of the project or program in various project governance and inter-department forums
- Works with the Business/ PM to ensure the mechanisms of change management (plans, processes, tools) are in place and effectively executed for both business and technology.
- Ensures project issues and risks are identified, quantified, managed and tracked. Uses past experience to proactively "anticipate" risk and develop appropriate mitigation strategies and plans. Ensures risks, assumptions and constraints are appropriately communicated and escalated when necessary
- Rigorously manages scope to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed on time, cost, and quality parameters
- Manages and/or validates financial forecasts and provides on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Defines and tracks project milestones while developing, maintaining, and reporting on an overall integrated delivery plan
- Works with the Business/ PM to develop project artifacts including charter, integrated plan, resource plan, contingency plan, and related PM artifacts, while complying with applicable enterprise standards (e.g. Risk, Audit, Compliance)
- Monitors and controls the project. Proposes recommendations and adjustments to the overall project manager (or Accountable Executive, as applicable) and publishes periodic project status reports.
- Provides Accountable Executive, Business and Technology Executives with continued insight in the viability of the business case (e.g. costs, benefits, KPIs) as the project progresses
- Assists with the negotiations of complex contracts with external vendors (in consultation with Strategic Sourcing and the Vendor Manager) to ensure receipt of specific resources and materials, as well as best value for the Enterprise. Ensures day-to-day vendor relationship management occurs (including monitoring performance, reviewing and approving vendor invoices)
- Contributes to improve the best practices of the project management community within the Enterprise to help drive consistency, transparency and execution excellence on projects
- Possesses a university degree and/or 6 to 8 years relevant work experience
- Possesses advanced knowledge and 3 to 6 years of experience in project management, including managing at least two projects of significant complexity and value (> $2MM) with moderate to high risk
- Industry-specific knowledge and experience is an asset
- Holding a valid PMP designation from the Project Management Institute/ Program (PMI/ PMP) is an asset
- Working experience implementing projects using both waterfall, iterative and Agile Methodology
- Strong relationship management and consulting skills which results in an ability to earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders, mobilize and motivate teams, set direction and approach, resolve conflict, deliver tough messages with grace, execute with limited information and ambiguity
- Solid change leadership and management skills
- Solid risk management skills
- Ability to navigate a matrixes organization effectively
- Solid stakeholder management and influencing skills, effective at the executive level
- Sound business supported by a strong technical acumen
- Solid presentation, written and verbal communication skills which bring clarity and precision at various decision-making meetings. Ability to translate technology issues into business terminology and visa-versa.
- Solid problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Solid core project management skills including multiple aspects of the PMBOK (i.e. Project Management Institute's PM Body Of Knowledge)
- Solid knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools (e.g. Clarity, MS Project, SharePoint repositories, Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) if applicable)
- Working knowledge within the Financial vertical, Banking experience specifically
- Strong knowledge of banking technology and processes Knowledge of information technology trends and impacts.
Professional Skill Requirements
- Must know how to work in a team, to push for the common goal.
- Comfortable with fast-changing environment (changing role, changing task, etc.)
- Eagerness to contribute in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Desire to work in an information systems environment
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal Skills
- Demonstrated leadership in professional setting; either military or civilian
- Demonstrated teamwork and collaboration in a professional setting; either military or civilian
- It is currently our objective to assign our people to work near where they live. However, given the nature of our business and our need to serve our clients our employees must be available to travel when needed.
All our consulting professionals receive comprehensive training covering business acumen, technical and professional skills development. You'll also have opportunities to hone your functional skills and expertise in an area of specialization. We offer a variety of formal and informal training programs at every level to help you acquire and build specialized skills faster. Learning takes place both on the job and through formal training conducted online, in the classroom, or in collaboration with teammates. The sheer variety of work we do, and the experience it offers, provide an unbeatable platform from which to build a career.
Accenture does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law. Accenture is committed to providing employment opportunities to current or former members of the armed forces. We are committed to employment equity. We encourage all people, including women, visible minorities, persons with disabilities and persons of aboriginal descent to apply.