The Senior Legal Counsel – Ethics & Compliance, Data Privacy is a full time senior manager role filled by an experienced, expert data privacy professional. The role sits within Accenture’s Compliance and Ethics function in Legal, reports to the Senior Director, Global Data Privacy and is a member of the Data Privacy leadership team.
• Lead the Data Privacy (DP) Policy & Governance functional group (“tower”) within Accenture’s Global Data Privacy Team. This tower is responsible, in particular, for Accenture’s DP management system, core privacy policies, international transfers, Binding Corporate Rules, managing legal change, training and communication.
• Work closely with the Data Privacy (DP) program lead and other tower leads to set strategic direction, provide oversight and leadership to the DP function, and drive execution of the team’s priorities,
• Effectively lead a team of DP professionals in remote locations, ensuring engagement, business focus and pragmatic advice.
• Manage the DP team’s day-to-day operations including leadership reporting and planning activities, the implementation and use of tools and technology, with a strong focus on coordination of its five towers,
• Maintain, further develop and execute strategy for external relations in data privacy (by region), in alignment with Government Relations team; work with selected regulators and industry bodies representing Accenture at meetings; keeping abreast of technology trends and developments and their impact, develop guidance for internal and external audiences
• Oversee and enhance Accenture’s international data transfers approach, including our Binding Corporate Rules and Inter Company Agreements; lead development and implementation of Binding Corporate Rules for Processors, APEC Cross Border Privacy Rules
• Manage and oversee process for the identification and assessment of new laws, regulatory guidance and select case law and their impact on our and our clients’ business, and support implementation.
• In support of other towers of the DP team, provide expert consultancy and advice to Legal, business and corporate functions in respect of data privacy, compliance and associated risks and opportunities
Reports to: Managing Director – Legal, Senior Director, Data Privacy.
• Legal, including Government Relations, Sales & Delivery, Employment Law, Offerings, Geographic Support;
• Corporate Functions;
• Geographic leadership and the Data Privacy Officer network;
• Related subject matter experts (e.g. security professionals, PCI, government compliance, certification SMEs);
• Industry bodies including business/trade associations, external counsel;
• Privacy professionals at client and peer companies; and
• Regulatory and select legislative points of contact.