WHAT WILL YOU DO:
The Compliance & Ethics Counsel Manager, Data Privacy is a full-time manager role to be filled by a qualified lawyer with at least 5 years’ relevant experience in data privacy (DP). The role is part of the Data Privacy team in Legal and has a focus on supporting our strategic initiatives, such as important projects driven by new and changing privacy laws and regulations. The role reports to a Compliance & Ethics Counsel Associate Director, Data Privacy. Individuals with relevant data privacy experience at a global company in the technology, IT and security sector and those holding privacy certifications (e.g., CIPP) are preferred.
As part of the Strategic Initiatives functional group (“tower”) within Accenture’s global Data Privacy team, the role has the following data privacy responsibilities:
Develop and provide privacy guidance to various internal stakeholders, including Geographic Compliance Counsel and Data Privacy team leadership, with regard to the implementation and interpretation of new or changing privacy laws and regulations
Perform data privacy risk assessments and reviews
Work with stakeholders, including Geographic Compliance, to identify any need for enhancements of the data privacy program in light of new requirements
Develop and implement standards, procedures, data privacy training and awareness materials
Lead or participate in complex or cross-functional privacy projects
Provide regular reporting and updates to Data Privacy and Legal leadership
Manage external consultants and law firms as needed
Specified Duties Include:
Effectively work with a diverse team of data privacy and other legal professionals and business teams remotely, providing advice and guidance in an engaged, business focused and pragmatic manner
Advanced project management skills
Communicate and liaise regularly with different internal and external stakeholders, including GCC, CIO and Information Security
Liaise with outside counsel and internal stakeholders
Create and deliver documentation of assessments and regular reports to leadership and third parties
Stay abreast of legal and regulatory developments related to the scope of the role
Actively foster and promote a privacy culture within the organization
WHAT WE EXPECT:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a global data privacy role, preferably in a global company, and with the management of a global data privacy program
- Expert in regulatory principles governing data protection and privacy at global level
- Understands relevant company policies and exercises sound judgment; timely escalates to line manager
- Expertise as a trusted advisor in the area of data privacy and data security
- Project management and operational skills
- Ability to think out of the box
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively across various levels and structures
- Experience in developing and delivering trainings and presentations
- Consistent verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with all levels of management and staff; ability to explain complex concepts to non-expert audiences
- Team player
- Curiosity to understand, adapt to, and manage rapid change
- Adapts nimbly to changing needs within the business
- Limited travel required as needed (usually <10%).
- Must have ability to effectively work with others remotely, manage a schedule across time zones
WHAT WE OFFER:
Accenture offers a competitive compensation package. As required by the Slovak law we hereby state, that the legal monthly minimum gross base pay ranges from 3 650 € depending on your professional and personal qualifications in the required areas.
· Guaranteed Paid overtime or overtime vacation
· Cafeteria – Budget for benefits based on your choice
· Transparent bonus structure
· Refer-a-Friend – get a bonus in the employee referral program
· Loyalty presents
· Flexible working arrangements (Flex-work, Home Office)
· Possibility to participate in projects abroad
· Wide range of leading-edge training (including various language
· Teambuilding activities
· Regular performance management and evaluation process
· Ongoing career guidance and mentoring
Family & Health:
· Multisport card which grants access to hundreds of different gyms, studios, and swimming pools
· Three extra days off
· Sick leave compensation
· Family oriented benefits (Wedding and New baby bonus)
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Geo Legal Counsel Specialist with Dutch
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 1 day ago
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 5 days ago
Legal & Commercial Services
Posted 8 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
Our more than 600,000 people in more than 120 countries, combine unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities.