- Sales growth: expanding the footprint of our agreements and supporting new business;
- Revenue protection: delivering on our contractual commitments;
- Margin improvement: effectively managing commercial levers, risks and issues; and
- Compliance with contract obligations and Accenture policy.
- Provide contract management support on a specific project or account under the direction of a contract management lead or act as lead for a small account/ project;
- Work with account delivery teams and client contract managers in order to understand delivery and client requirements and oversee day to day service delivery;
- Demonstrate the value of the contract management function with project and delivery teams; and
- Work with client contract management teams in order to understand business and delivery requirements.
- Supervise, mentor and coach junior onshore and offshore contract managers, providing oversight of daily activities;
- Participate in the review of performance standards for junior contract management staff and take action to recognise high performance and correct underperformance;
- Provide input for priority setting and performance achievement process for self and junior staff;
- Assist with the implementation of training modules for contract management staff on a specific project or account; and
- Assist with onboarding new staff.
- Assist with identifying and resolving commercial and contract risks and issues;
- Escalate contractual, commercial and CM positioning matters to CM Leads in a timely and controlled fashion; and
- Draft weekly, monthly and quarterly reports in compliance with contract management processes and account delivery requirements.
- Provide contract administrative support for sales teams, coordinating the document management process and assisting with contract reviews where required; and
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and understanding of Accenture's consulting, outsourcing and systems integration service offerings and build awareness and education within your CM teams.
- Draft and review Statements of Work, Change Requests, Arrangement Letters, Subcontracts and Non Disclosure Agreements, working under the direction of a contract management lead; and
- Participate in negotiations under the direction of account/portfolio leads and demonstrate understanding of the Accenture way to negotiate.
- Assist with the implementation of contract management processes on a specific project or account;
- Assist with the implementation a contract awareness programme for account teams in order to ensure a high level of understanding of critical contract terms and conditions and Accenture and client obligations;
- Ensure all relevant policies and procedures applicable to an account are identified and communicated to relevant personnel, including new joiners;
- Upload contracts in accordance with Accenture records retention policies; and
- Assist account teams to implement measures aimed at improving contract financial performance, including contract levers affecting revenue cost and profit.
- Min 5 yrs relevant experience as a contract/ vendor/ commercial manager with exposure to medium sized deals (>10m value);
- Relevant experience managing Consulting, Outsourcing and Systems Integration deals in the Information Technology or other relevant industry sectors;
- Demonstrated experience as successful member of a Contract Management team; and
- Able to collaborate and communicate effectively with client contract management and procurement staff and contribute to key commercial and contracting decisions.
- Understanding of business practices at large corporations and/ or government entities;
- Understanding of commercial contracting principles; and
- Exposure to commercial contracting regulations.
- Reasonable level of exposure to legal processes and principles as they relate to commercial and contract management;
- Reasonable level of exposure to commercial and contract law; and
- Reasonable level of exposure to commercial terms and conditions applicable to contracts for Accenture services.
- Contract Manager or Portfolio Lead;
- Junior onshore and offshore Contract Management professionals providing services on an account
- Client commercial/ procurement/ contract management staff
- Account Senior Managers and Managers
- University degree required (business, computing, law or engineering preferred).
- Member of International Association for Contract and Commercial Management (IACCM) or National Contract Management Association (NCMA) and/ or professional certification considered a plus.
- Min 5 years in contract management or related discipline.
- Extensive travel may be required.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With more than 500,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.