Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions – underpinned by the world’s largest delivery network – Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With approximately 469,000 people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the world works and lives. Visit us at.
People in the Corporate Function career track contribute to the running of Accenture as a high- performance business through specialization within a specific functional area and grow into internally focused roles by deepening their skills and/or developing new skills within an internal functional area.
Marketing and Communications professionals build a powerful and differentiated global brand at the corporate, industry, capability and geography levels that supports the Accenture strategy; enhances long-term client relationships; inspires employees and candidates; and drives profitable revenue growth. Accenture Corporate and Recruitment Marketing is now looking for a strong leader to support Global and North American programs.
Bring your big ideas and marketing expertise to Accenture and you may find that your career catapults to places you never imagined. As a leader in management consulting, technology and outsourcing services, our teams work closely with clients to improve the way the world works and lives. Whether you work directly with clients or manage important internal initiatives and efforts, you’ll find amazing opportunities to make a measurable difference.
Corporate Functions – Marketing & Communications
As part of this team, you’ll play a key role in helping Accenture execute its strategy. You’ll work with a diverse team of innovative marketing experts who focus on the following areas: global brand management and advertising; global events and sponsorships; internal communications; marketing research; media and industry analyst relations; corporate and financial communications; internet marketing; recruitment marketing; client-centric marketing; and industry, service line and geographic marketing campaigns.
YOUR ROLE: Media Relations Lead, Growth Markets
We are looking for a strategic thinker who will focus on generating Tier One media coverage and positioning in support of Accenture’s business objectives across Growth Markets. Growth Markets are comprised of Africa and Asia-Pacific (AAPAC), which includes Australia, Greater China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, Singapore, South Africa and Thailand); the Middle East and Turkey (MET), which includes Saudi Arabia, Turkey and the United Arab Emirates); as well as Mexico, Brazil and Hispanic South America (HSA), which includes Argentina, Chile and Venezuela. The highly experienced professional will manage the Growth Markets team members who support integrated marketing and media campaigns in their respective countries. This person will report to the Managing Director, Global Media, Analyst and Influencer Relations.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Drive media strategy to maximize quality share of voice across Accenture’s Growth Markets.
- Manage the media teams of these countries ensuring smooth integration and promotion of global and local media campaigns; helping to localize and shape the “big ideas” and ensuring timely responses to media requests.
- Maintain strong relationships with journalists in Tier-1 publication.
- Support and advise business leadership within a highly matrixed organization on media relations strategy, including driving the media profile and positioning of the Group Chief Executive of Growth Market.
- Manage the growth markets’ senior leaders’ media relations and speaking engagements.
- Provide guidance and counsel and coordinate issues management in close collaboration with regional and global issues management teams.
- Collaborate with analyst relations leads across the company and social media teams, as required.
- Drive creative and proactive media programs with our PR agency.
- Help local media leads promote regional spokespeople.
- Effectively negotiate and build consensus to resolve complex challenges across teams both within Accenture and in outside alliances and clients.
- Oversee and coordinate with internal and external experts on media listening capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree or other four-year university degree
- Minimum of 12-15 years' experience in media relations/corporate communications (corporate or agency experience preferred)
- Minimum of 12-15 years' experience analyzing, disseminating and communication complex information and developing clear "media-ready" messages
Knowledge and Skills Requirements:
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.Superior writing capabilities are essential
- Proven ability to quickly and concisely draft a wide range of clear, concise and high-quality media materials including news releases, media Q&As, media pitch letters, bylined articles, op-eds, etc.
- Detailed knowledge of media relations process in general and Accenture’s media relations policies, including public disclosure requirements and restrictions.
- Social media (blogs, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google+) familiarity and skills required
- Broad understanding and skills in strategic marketing and communications, especially in area of specialization or crossing more than one industry or country.
- Strong issues management skills.
- Ability to interact and work closely with media contacts representing clients, alliance partners, third-party organizations, vendors, and others.
- Broad overall business acumen and knowledge of Accenture’s areas of business.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Passion for executing deliverables and programs that are of the highest quality, fully support Accenture’s business strategy and are in line with or exceed leadership expectations.
- Strong negotiation and conflict-management skills to resolve complex or disputed issues.
- Ability to influence the highest levels of leadership within Accenture’s large, matrixed organization through relationship-building and strong executive-level presence.
- Strong teaming skills—ability to work autonomously and independently, while integrate with Marketing & Communications colleagues across other business areas, operating groups, geographies, capabilities groups, Corporate Communications.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All employment decisions shall be made without regard to age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status or any other basis as protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job candidates will not be obligated to disclose sealed or expunged records of conviction or arrest as part of the hiring process.
Accenture is committed to providing veteran employment opportunities to our service men and women.
Jobs Near You
USA NY - New York
SAP Natural Resources Senior Manager
Business & Technology Integration
Posted 2 days ago
USA TX - Austin
Travel & Expenses Accounting New Associate
Business Process Specialization
Posted 2 days ago
USA PA - Philadelphia
Posted 2 days ago
Life at Accenture
Work where you're inspired to explore your passions and where your talents are nurtured and cultivated. Innovate with leading-edge technologies on some of the coolest projects you can imagine.
Learn more about Accenture
With over 450,000 employees in more than 120 countries, Accenture solves our clients' toughest challenges by providing a broad range of services and solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations.