Accenture is a global professional services company with leading capabilities in digital, cloud and security. Combining unmatched experience and specialized skills across more than 40 industries,we offer Strategy and Consulting,Technology and Operations Services, and Accenture Song - all powered by the world's largest network of Advanced Technology and Intelligent Operations centers. Our 699,000 people deliver on the promise of technology and human ingenuity every day, serving clients in more than 120 countries. We embrace the power of change to create value and shared success for our clients, people, shareholders, partners and communities. Visit us at
About the role
This role is part of Accenture Research’s global industry research team with a focus on the Communications & Media Industry. Communications & Media Industry comprises of telecom (mobile, fixed, converged telecom providers) and media (video, broadcasting, publishing, gaming) companies.
The Comms & Media Research Specialist will support senior researchers and Accenture’s Comms & Media industry leaders on both Thought Leadership reports / industry PoVs, as well as client research projects globally.
Responsibilities will include leading small research projects and actively contributing to complex projects led by others.
We are looking for a strong researcher with a passion for the Comms & Media industry and interest in key issues impacting the industry such as telco’s current challenges, network connectivity infrastructure, changing consumer behaviour, technology, talent, etc.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Assisting and supporting the development of thought-provoking insights through market analysis and in-depth review of trends, guided by senior researchers.
• Drawing on both traditional and innovative data sources and research methodologies to explore key questions in a logical, structured manner.
• Analyzing large datasets and interpreting results using statistical techniques and data visualization tools
• Updating our proprietary in-house models and provides results to the practice when needed.
• Developing research insights and compelling business narratives alongside research leads.
• Presenting key findings in a structured and concise manner (with focus on insights).
• Ability to use techniques such as secondary research, company analysis, market analysis, strategic analysis frameworks, interview-based research and financial analysis.
• Strong analytical skills and a proven ability to make sense out of data, with ability to analyze, visualize, and interpret
• Able to learn and embrace new sources, tools, and skills, including alternative modes of research delivery/data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI, Qlik etc.).
• Compiling reports/analysis with clear storyline and results.
• A basic understanding of the role of digital and technology in disrupting the Comms & Media industry.
• Able to write in a clear, concise, and compelling way
• Strong PowerPoint, Excel, and Word skills
• Strong interest in the Comms & Media industry and Technology
• Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn more and grow
• Problem solver approach to work
• Proven ability to work effectively - independently, collaboratively, and virtually - in a global, multi-cultural, multi-time zone team
• Ability to present research findings to team and Accenture executives
• Strong communications skills and good interpersonal skills
• Strong professional qualities: client focus, decisiveness, integrity, resilience to stress against stretch goals and deadlines
• Ability to work on multiple engagement and geographies at any one time.