The GAP Protective Services Specialist is responsible for providing physical security advice and assistance to Accenture locations within the geographic Area of responsibility. Areas of physical security include life safety and business continuity, executive protection, and physical security procurement. S/he is responsible for conducting physical security reviews of Accenture offices and project sites.
- Ensures Protective Services Geographic Specialist is fully informed of status, deliverable deadlines, and actions that are behind the target.
- Prepares weekly status report and attends team status meetings.
- Identifies and manages complex or disputed issues of which have major day-to-day impact on area of responsibility and resolves with minimal guidance from Protective Services Geographic Specialist.
- Considered a subject matter expert (SME) in Safety and Security and often called upon by others throughout the company to provide guidance.
- Accountable for results in projects that may have the potential to impact the Safety and Security of all Accenture employees.
- Plans and prioritizes complex activities as the SME for Facilities & Services workgroups that deal with Safety and Security initiatives. This includes recommendations on process improvements and the oversight of development of new procedures.
- Contributes to the building and integration of knowledge capital related to Safety and Security throughout the geography.
- Identifies new opportunities and needs within area of responsibility and independently develops solutions to address gaps.
- Accountable for results in complex problems where collaboration and cooperation between individuals is often needed to affect the solution. Works with Protective Services Geographic Specialist to build consensus for recommended solution to ensure successful resolution.
- Deals with difficult and sensitive situations appropriately by using judgment to make a variety of decisions, most complex in nature. Decisions occasionally impact other teams.
- Applies functional knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures, and operational frameworks to anticipate and address business issues.
- Provides advice and guidance regarding Protective Services in geographic area of responsibility. This may include advising project sites with specific client/regulatory service level agreements or contractual obligations related to Safety and Security.
- Manages contract relationships with external service providers (manage contracts, review performance against strategy and budget) within area of responsibility and resolves contract issues and disputes.
- Provides input to operating and capital budgeting and reporting for geographic operating budget. Adheres to capital and operating budgets.
- Reviews and approves payment requests and vendor invoices as necessary.
- Actively participates in sharing best practices across areas or functions.
- Develops and implements processes, procedures and/or initiatives within area of responsibility with limited direction required.
- Operates with a large degree of autonomy and independence while overseeing operations of moderate scope, and moderate ambiguity, risk, unpredictability and diversity.
- Manages positive relationships with all internal and external customers/vendors and independently resolves issues.