The Resources Industry Strategist
Join our team in Strategy consulting for an exciting career opportunity to work on the Industry Strategy agenda of our most strategic clients across the globe.
Practice: Strategy Consulting, Resources Industry Strategy, Global Network (GN)
Areas of Work: Market Assessment & Sizing; Cost Transformation and Productivity reinvention; Operating Model; Corporate Strategy; Mergers & Acquisitions; Sustainability & Responsible Business; Growth & Innovation, Cloud Strategy, Data & AI strategy, Customer Experience Reinvention, Energy Transition, Change Management, Value Realization, Total Enterprise Reinvention Strategy
Location(s): Gurgaon, Mumbai & Bangalore
Years of Exp: 1+ years post MBA
Explore an Exciting Career at Accenture
Do you believe in having an impact? Are you a problem solver who enjoys working on transformative strategies for global clients? Are you passionate about being part of an inclusive, diverse, and collaborative culture?
Then, this is the right place for you! Welcome to a host of exciting global opportunities in Accenture Strategy and Consulting.
The Practice- A Brief Sketch:
The S&C GN Strategy Practice is a part of Accenture Strategy, together we focus on the CEO’s strategic priorities. We help clients with strategies that are at the intersection of business & technology, drive value & impact, and shape new businesses & design operating models for the future.
As a part of the Resources Industry Strategy practice, you will leverage industry experience, domain expertise and transformative technologies, to help Chemicals, Energy, Utilities, Mining and/or Metals companies thrive in a dynamic future.
As a part of this high performing team, these are some of the responsibilities:
- Conduct market research and analysis to identify trends and opportunities in the Chemicals, Energy, Utilities, Mining and/or Metals industry.
- Develop and execute strategies to address the challenges facing Resources companies, including competition, regulatory issues, and technological advancements.
- Work with clients to identify their strategic goals and develop comprehensive plans to achieve them.
- Develop business cases for strategic initiatives and evaluate the financial feasibility and potential benefits.
- Develop frameworks and methodologies to track and measure the value realization of implemented strategies.
- Identify strategic cost take-out opportunities and drive business transformation.
- Partner with CEOs to architect future proof operating models embracing future of work, workforce and workplace powered by transformational technology, ecosystems and analytics.
- Work with our ecosystem partners to help clients reach their sustainability goals through digital transformations.
- Support clients in their inorganic growth agenda across the deal lifecycle, i.e., target screening, synergy assessment, due diligence, post-merger integration and portfolio interventions.
- Assist in implementing intelligent operations strategies, utilizing advanced analytics, automation, and AI technologies.
- Design digital strategy initiatives, leveraging technologies such as SAP, Cloud & AI.
- Manage organizational change associated with strategic initiatives. Develop change management strategies, stakeholder engagement plans, and communication strategies.
- Develop clean energy strategies and plans for transitioning to sustainable and renewable sources.
- Identify opportunities to reduce carbon footprint, increase energy efficiency, and promote environmentally responsible practices within the Resources industry.
- Prepare and deliver presentations to clients to communicate strategic plans and recommendations.
- Monitor industry trends and provide clients insights on what it means for their business growth and goals and keep clients informed of potential opportunities and threats.
- Participate in the development of thought leadership content, including white papers and presentations, on Chemicals, Energy, Utilities, Mining and/or Metals industry topics.
- Learn the latest skills in strategy and digital technologies to support your personal development and grow your impact at Resources clients.
Bring your best skills forward to excel in the role:
The ideal candidate will possess a strong understanding of the Chemicals, Energy, Utilities, Mining and/or Metals industry, including emerging trends, challenges, and opportunities. They will have a proven track record of developing and executing successful strategies for Chemicals, Energy, Utilities, Mining and/or Metals companies. The candidate will work with our clients to identify their strategic goals and develop comprehensive plans to achieve them. Key skills that will enable this include:
- A Strategic Mindset to shape innovative, fact-based strategies and operating models.
- Issue Based Problem Solving to decode and solve complex and unstructured business questions.
- Analytical and outcome-driven approach to perform data analyses & generate insights.
- Business Acumen to drive actionable outcomes for clients with the latest industry trends, innovations and disruptions, metrics and value drivers.
- Financial Acumen and Value Creation to develop relevant financial models to back up a business case.
- Communication and Presentation Skills to share the perfect pitch with key stakeholders.
- Client handling skills to develop, manage and deepen relationships with key stakeholders.
- Good to have skills:
- Strategy consulting experience in Corporate Strategy/Restructuring; Growth Strategy, Market Entry Strategy, Operating Model Strategy, Business and Financial Model development, value and investment case design, Strategic Cost Reduction and Productivity reinvention, Digital business, AI strategy, M&A, Energy Transition.
- Strategy experience in Growth & Innovation – Platform strategy, new products & services creation, Digital Factory, GTM sales, channel strategy, sales and distribution, revenue upliftment.