Title: 3884: Data and Insights – Corporate Communications (Communications Manager)
Role of the Agency Team
The Agency team supports all of Accenture media relations – across geographies, industries, functions and strategy and insights. The Data and Insights Corporate Communications Agency Manager supports the Data and Insights team, which aims to measure strategy to evaluate past performance and provides insights to inform future strategy. They work with other pillars of the insights team - Strategy, Executive Positioning – to provide unified support to Corporate Communications.
The Data and Insights Corporate Communications Agency Manager is a highly motivated analytical thinker who can help facilitate reporting needs for Communications by understanding strategy, translating that into reporting solutions and executing on those reports to provide insights. A large part of this role is trying to understand the WHY behind an ask so that the eventual insights can be the most insightful. This role will work with other members of the team to set up relevant searches in our reporting tool and help media team members understand the data behind their media coverage. They should have the ability to develop strong working relationships with team members, be curious and inquisitive and have a learning-focused mindset.
- Field report requests from Corporate Communications media leads, providing counsel and recommendations on reporting approaches.
- Set up reporting needs within our monitoring tool.
- Articulate requirements for search set-ups to other team members.
- Compile analysis reports, review compiled analysis reports for grammatical errors or insight gaps prior to deliver to team lead/client. Respond to follow-up questions and additional insight questions.
- Format and help design deck presentations on results.
- Minimum of 6-12 years of marketing/communications and/or writing experience.
- Experience in a large global enterprise strongly preferred.
- Strong written communication skills and critical thinking abilities; ability to recognize patterns and summarize key takeaways.
- Experience with data and reporting, both qualitative and quantitative.
- Ability to collaborate across time zones and provide guidance and direction to other team members.
- Confident self-starter who can work independently and is willing to “roll up their sleeves” and has an eagerness to learn. Ability to take direction and learn from feedback.
- Understanding of the news media environment including regular reading of news (both local and international news awareness a plus; understanding of social media environment is a nice to have).
- Past experience with a news or social media listening tool (Cision, Factiva, Brandwatch, Meltwater, Sprinklr, etc); experience writing Boolean.
- Critical thinking/business judgement: ask the right questions, identify business issues and implications, understand intent.
- Leadership presence: Comfort working with senior leaders and providing strategic counsel while providing direction to other team members.
- Flexibility and agility to adapt to a changing business and competitive environment.
- Monitor and analyze measurement/feedback (including using measurement tools/metrics specific to individual digital applications).
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once and keep information organized.
- Detail-oriented who is adept at recognizing patterns.
- Flexibility to accommodate pre-scheduled global meetings, across all geographies.