Practice: Supply Chain and Operations > Global Network > Strategy & Consulting
Areas of Work: Omnichannel Order Fulfillment, Order Management System, Ecommerce Fulfillment,
Enterprise Inventory Management
Level: Management Consultant [L-9 to L-7]
Location: Bangalore, Chennai, Mumbai, Pune, Delhi, Gurgaon,
Years of Exp: 6 - 12 years
The Practice – A Brief Sketch
As a part of our Supply chain and operations practice, you will help organizations reimagine and
transform their supply chains for tomorrow—with a positive impact on the business, society and the
Together, let’s innovate, build competitive advantage, improve business, and societal outcomes, in an
ever-changing, ever-challenging world. Help us make supply chains work better, faster, and be more
resilient, with the following initiatives:
• Develop and implement strategies, best practices, enabling strategic solutions, and change
management programs to help manage Fulfilment function more efficiently.
• Assist with Logistics and Fulfilment strategy to improve key performance metrics.
• Chart a strategic roadmap for clients to achieve their goals backed by comprehensive assessment
and a business value case.
• Drive qualitative and quantitative process assessments to enable a clear lens on enterprise
process performance and gaps.
• Help client in areas of organization structure, governance, process reengineering and solution
• Design, architect and manage strategic solution-led transformation for clients.
• Deliver expertise for the implementation and continuous improvement of Logistics strategy,
organization, network, processes, operations, and technology.
• Guide the team during the build and test phases of the project.
• Demonstrate understanding of processes and best practices to help an organization improve
• Oversee operations in areas that include transportation planning, route planning, warehouse layout
design, equipment and automations, 3PL service evaluation and logistics trainings.
• Draft proposals, set up objectives and draw an action plan for prospective clients.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
Drive Client Value Creation and Program delivery:
Work independently as an SME in client facing roles, right from ideation, defining strategy and policies,
design to implementation: Lead the projects in- Omnichannel Order Fulfillment, Order Management
System, Ecommerce Fulfillment, Enterprise Inventory Management, last mile delivery and demonstrate
understanding of business processes and best practices to help client improve outcomes.
Foster Innovation and Develop Thought Leadership Assets:
Create consulting offerings and frameworks, make client proposals and setting up project objectives
for the prospective projects related to fulfillment, order management, omni-channel fulfillment, dark
stores, quick commerce, and last mile operations.
Propel Business Growth:
Drive sales, revenue and profitability for the practice and help originate deals based on defined
commercial pathways. Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to define GTM strategy and accordingly
Transportation from Tier-1 or Tier 2 institute and / or Engineering Degree from Premier Institutes
Good to have:
▪ APICS certification
▪ Functional / Techno-functional Certification from OMS product vendors (like IBM Serling OMs,
Manhattan – Active Omni, Fluent Commerce, Blue Yonder’ s OMS)
▪ Demonstrated experience in Consulting and/or leading mid-large sized teams on large scale
omnichannel transformation programs including but not limited to OMS Discovery-Strategy & Policy
Definition, OMS Maturity Assessment, Design and Blueprint, OMS product configuration and
▪ At least one end to end OMS product implementation (any one of the OMS Products like IBM
Serling DOM, Manhattan EOM/ Active Omni, Fluent Commerce, Blue Yonder’ s OMS, Kibo
Ecommerce / OMS)
▪ Minimum 6 to 12 years of experience in a Top tier Consulting firm or in a Supply Chain Function in
▪ Strong business process and functional knowledge of Omnichannel fulfillment and returns.
Good to have:
▪ Strong Supply Chain functional experience and problem-solving skills
▪ Integration of OMS with upstream and downstream systems
▪ Experience / knowledge in various facets of supply chain execution including but not limited to
Warehousing, Transportation, Network Optimization and Control Tower.
▪ Experience / knowledge in Supply Chain Analytics
▪ Ability to solve complex business problems and deliver as per customer experience.
Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
▪ Cross-cultural competence with an ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
▪ Strong team-management skills
▪ Willingness to travel as needed to meet client requirements.
What’s in it for you?
• An opportunity to work on transformative projects with key G2000 clients
• Potential to Co-create with leaders in strategy, industry experts, enterprise function practitioners and,
business intelligence professionals to shape and recommend innovative solutions that leverage
• Ability to embed responsible business into everything—from how you service your clients to how you
operate as a responsible professional.
• Personalized training modules to develop your strategy & consulting acumen to grow your skills,
industry knowledge and capabilities
• Opportunity to thrive in a culture that is committed to accelerate equality for all. Engage in
boundaryless collaboration across the entire organization.
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services and
solutions in strategy, consulting, digital, technology and operations. Combining unmatched experience
and specialized skills across more than 40 industries and all business functions — underpinned by the
world’s largest delivery network — Accenture works at the intersection of business and technology to help
clients improve their performance and create sustainable value for their stakeholders. With 624,000
people serving clients in more than 120 countries, Accenture drives innovation to improve the way the
world works and lives. Visit us at www.accenture.com
About Accenture Strategy & Consulting:
Accenture Strategy shapes our clients’ future, combining deep business insight with the understanding of
how technology will impact industry and business models. Our focus on issues such as digital disruption,
redefining competitiveness, operating and business models as well as the workforce of the future helps
our clients find future value and growth in a digital world. Today, digital is changing the way organizations
engage with their employees, business partners, customers and communities. This is our unique
differentiator. To bring this global perspective to our clients, Accenture Strategy's services include those
provided by our Global Network – a distributed management consulting organization that provides
management consulting and strategy expertise across the client lifecycle. Our Global Network teams
complement our in-country teams to deliver cutting-edge expertise and measurable value to clients all
around the world. For more information visit https://www.accenture.com/us-en/about/consulting-index