Project Role : Engineering Services Practitioner
Project Role Description : Assist with end-to-end engineering services to develop technical engineering solutions to solve problems and achieve business objectives. Solve engineering problems and achieve business objectives using scientific, socio-economic, technical knowledge and practical experience. Work across structural and stress design, qualification, configuration and technical management.
Must have skills : Fatigue & Damage Tolerance F&DT
Good to have skills : NA
Minimum 2 year(s) of experience is required
Educational Qualification : Bachelors or Masters degree in Mechanical or Aerospace or Structural engineering
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
• Performs Fatigue and Damage Tolerance analysis of aircraft structures using a broad range of standard hand, legacy and harmonized methods, responsible for checking various types of aircraft components and assemblies: Door Surround Structures, Side and Lower Shells, Pax and Cargo Floors, Skins, stringers, various clips, fasteners, joints and fittings etc.
• To support Sizing & Justification phases.
What you would do in this role
• Experience in Sizing and justification of metallic/Composite primary and secondary aircraft structural components.
• Experience in Door Surround Structures/Side shells/PAX and Cargo floors.
• Analysis of metallic and composite structures (Plain Strength checks, Buckling, Bolted joint analysis)
• Experienced in spectrum generation.
• Calculation of Fatigue life by using or DFEM or ISAMI modules.
• Understanding of mission profiles, calculating rain flow counting,
• Preparation of stress files and FESPS databases
• Knowledge on Material and surface protection treatment to be used for fatigue calculations.
• Experience on Damage tolerance, crack propagation analysis on aircraft components.
• Should have strong foundation in the area of load/stress analysis with abilities to formulate "free body diagrams" and identify load path of structures.
• Knowledge on Non-destructive testing approaches.
• Experience with the use of both Finite Element (NASTRAN/PATRAN/HYPER MESH) and classical methods to perform structural load/Fatigue stress analysis for primary airframe structures is preferred.
• Continuous learning ability to understanding best practices in analysis and methodologies.
• Good Knowledge on CATIA and experience in reading assembly drawings.
• Strong Technical Report (Dossier) writing skills.
• Training and Guiding the Juniors to execute the tasks.
• F&DT tasks quality check.
Who are we looking for?
• 5 to 9 years of Aerostructure F&DT Analysis Experience
• Location: Bangalore
• Education: BE/M.Tech in Mechanical, Aerospace, Aeronautical Engineering or relevant subject
• Ability to Guide, work and lead the team.
• Supporting continuous improvement initiatives to increase team efficiency.
• Ability to liaise and with the teams across the department including Design and Stress.
• Highly preferred primary and secondary structure experience with good knowledge of tools and methods.
• Hypermesh, Nastran/Patran, ISAMI
• Having VBA/Python programming is an added advantage.
- The candidate should have experience in Fatigue & Damage Tolerance F&DT.
- The ideal candidate will possess a strong educational background in engineering or a related field, along with a proven track record of delivering impactful engineering solutions.
- This position is based at our Bengaluru office.